Visa 143, Year 2015, AOS requested

Dora1234

Hi everyone,

I applied for visa 143 for my parents on the 15th October 2015, received letter requesting for Assurance of Support (AOS) and after submitting the AOS, it was written on the letter that should have response by 6th September from Centrelink. So I am counting down for the time. Hopefully can get a response from Centrelink by the due date provided and have the visa by October this year!

• 1 month later...
On 29/07/2019 at 20:32, Dora1234 said:

Hi everyone,

I applied for visa 143 for my parents on the 15th October 2015, received letter requesting for Assurance of Support (AOS) and after submitting the AOS, it was written on the letter that should have response by 6th September from Centrelink. So I am counting down for the time. Hopefully can get a response from Centrelink by the due date provided and have the visa by October this year!

Hi Dora, What do u mean by , "it was written on the letter that should have response by 6th September from Centrelink". when we submited AOS they did't ackoweldge even.

18 minutes ago, karu1 said:

Hi Dora, What do u mean by , "it was written on the letter that should have response by 6th September from Centrelink". when we submited AOS they did't ackoweldge even.

Hi Karu1,

They send a letter to my Centrelink account which confirming should have response from them before 6th September. Perhaps you should check yours Centrelink message (it doesn’t shows on Centrelink app but it will show on Computer.) 

They will even text you to your mobile when they needed to call you to confirm your AOS after the due date “A Department of Human Services - Centrelink Service Officer will call you today from a private number. Please answer this call. Do not reply by SMS.” This is what they texted me, unfortunately, I missed the call (private number) as I was oversea and have rang them to ring me again. Hopefully will receive their call this week. 

Note: If you missed the call, make sure you ring them 132 850 AOS support team. Or else you have to wait for a few more weeks for their call. And also check your Centrelink to ensure you allowed for email, text message, or phone calls or else they won’t be able to send you any confirming letter. 

My friend applied 4 months earlier than me and her parent got the visa. She advised that after the phone call for AOS should be paying the first instalment in the next few weeks and she paid for second instalment a few days after the first instalment, after second instalment, the next day her parent visa was granted. 

Hope this will help. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Dora1234 said:

Hi Karu1,

They send a letter to my Centrelink account which confirming should have response from them before 6th September. Perhaps you should check yours Centrelink message (it doesn’t shows on Centrelink app but it will show on Computer.) 

They will even text you to your mobile when they needed to call you to confirm your AOS after the due date “A Department of Human Services - Centrelink Service Officer will call you today from a private number. Please answer this call. Do not reply by SMS.” This is what they texted me, unfortunately, I missed the call (private number) as I was oversea and have rang them to ring me again. Hopefully will receive their call this week. 

Note: If you missed the call, make sure you ring them 132 850 AOS support team. Or else you have to wait for a few more weeks for their call. And also check your Centrelink to ensure you allowed for email, text message, or phone calls or else they won’t be able to send you any confirming letter. 

My friend applied 4 months earlier than me and her parent got the visa. She advised that after the phone call for AOS should be paying the first instalment in the next few weeks and she paid for second instalment a few days after the first instalment, after second instalment, the next day her parent visa was granted. 

Hope this will help. Thanks.

Hi Dora,

First of all i would like to thank u for quick response. Our assurer is our son. Orginal application date was 07.12.2015. and called for d further documents and medical on 06th Aug.  ASO was handedover to centrelink on 27th Aug. and he has not received any acknowledgement or a number from them. Anyway i"ll ask him to check d centerlink account as u suggested. 

19 hours ago, karu1 said:

Hi Dora,

First of all i would like to thank u for quick response. Our assurer is our son. Orginal application date was 07.12.2015. and called for d further documents and medical on 06th Aug.  ASO was handedover to centrelink on 27th Aug. and he has not received any acknowledgement or a number from them. Anyway i"ll ask him to check d centerlink account as u suggested. 

Hi Kari 1, like you we received our email requesting docs on the 6/8/2019 and my son and daughter in law completed the Aos application on the 9/8/2019... they were told it would be completed by the 20/9 but so far have received nothing. They checked their centerlink account and email. I think a lot of us have completed our paperwork and are now just waiting again. It would be nice to hear of someone from October or November that have had their Aos payment request.

I've received the request for payment - see my timeline.

I called up centrelink to confirm receipt of aos application 2 weeks after lodgement.  The centrelink lady confirmed receipt and says they should be giving me a call after the lodgement.  She did something on the account and I received the call/interview the following week.   

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Jellybean T said:

Hi Kari 1, like you we received our email requesting docs on the 6/8/2019 and my son and daughter in law completed the Aos application on the 9/8/2019... they were told it would be completed by the 20/9 but so far have received nothing. They checked their centerlink account and email. I think a lot of us have completed our paperwork and are now just waiting again. It would be nice to hear of someone from October or November that have had their Aos payment request.

Frend of mine from SL who has applied on 05 Oct 2015 called for d other documents and medical on 18 th july 2019.  ASO have been handed over on 25th july and called for the deposit 21st september.  Now waiting for d 2nd VAC request.

• Thanks 1

On 01/10/2019 at 10:48, florafilan said:

I've received the request for payment - see my timeline.

I called up centrelink to confirm receipt of aos application 2 weeks after lodgement.  The centrelink lady confirmed receipt and says they should be giving me a call after the lodgement.  She did something on the account and I received the call/interview the following week.   

Hi Florafilan,

Can u pl. Post your time line.

6 minutes ago, karu1 said:

Hi Jellybean,

Thanks for d response but i could’t see her time line in that anyway i try once again. Anyway what’s your position now. 

Still waiting for a response from centerlink for Aos. It would be so nice to know how long we have to wait.... even if it was another couple of months, it’s the not knowing that’s so frustrating. Everyone seems to have gone so quiet. 

3 minutes ago, Jellybean T said:

Still waiting for a response from centerlink for Aos. It would be so nice to know how long we have to wait.... even if it was another couple of months, it’s the not knowing that’s so frustrating. Everyone seems to have gone so quiet. 

When we called to centerlink they said AOS handle by outsourced personal and even they r cueless. As u said we r unable to plan anything .

2 minutes ago, karu1 said:

When we called to centerlink they said AOS handle by outsourced personal and even they r cueless. As u said we r unable to plan anything .

We are hoping to have our visa and be in Australia early April. House is on the market at the moment and we have started the process for importing our dog... which is a six months process so March would be the earliest we could go.

1 hour ago, Jellybean T said:

We are hoping to have our visa and be in Australia early April. House is on the market at the moment and we have started the process for importing our dog... which is a six months process so March would be the earliest we could go.

1 hour ago, Jellybean T said:

Hi Jellybean,

According to different forum up to now visa processes is completed within 48 months but my frend from SL now completed 48 month 1day .heis waiting for 2nd VAC calling.

55 minutes ago, Jellybean T said:

Thanks for that info Karu, It would be a nice Christmas present. What area in Australia are you going to. We are hoping to settle in Adelaide .

Hi Jellybeen,

Both our children r in Melbourne so no choice.

46 minutes ago, Jellybean T said:

Micheal, Are you applying for the Aso for your parents? Only asking as it’s the sponsors who get the call ... not every applicant even has an interview. Hopefully it was just a call from someone wanting to sell you something. 

Hi Jellybean, yea I am the sponsor and applying for the AOS for my parents. It's good to know not everyone gets a phone interview....

Hi all,

Just my 2 cents worth...I lodged the AOS with Centre Link on 3rd Aug 2019, on myGov the estimated date of completion was 16th Sept....checking everyday can be soul destroying!

Finally after nearly 8 weeks Centre Link sent me a letter requesting a phone interview. The interview was very straight forward they basically just check your personal details... took about 10 mins maximum. The interview was on a Thursday, the following Monday I had a letter in the post to arrange the bank guarantee with Commonwealth Bank...just a note when you go to CBA have $150 cash ready if you don't already bank with them...this is the fee they charge to set up the fixed term desposit account. Make sure you find a staff member who is familiar with the process as I had a rookie (less said about that, the better)!!!

You have to upload the centre link letter and bank docs on mygov/centrelink, it's not very clear on the steps you need to follow but use the number centrelink give you for the interview to ask any questions, to be fair CL were very helpful.

So i'm now waiting for CL to inform immigration and hopefully request the 2nd VAC, anyone know how long this takes?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone, just wondering if there is any conditions, such as 8502, usually applied on Visa Grant for SC143 which is with dependents? Any of you here got the visa grant notice come with that condition?  

Thanks

On 15/10/2019 at 17:42, redtour said:

Hi all,

Just my 2 cents worth...I lodged the AOS with Centre Link on 3rd Aug 2019, on myGov the estimated date of completion was 16th Sept....checking everyday can be soul destroying!

Finally after nearly 8 weeks Centre Link sent me a letter requesting a phone interview. The interview was very straight forward they basically just check your personal details... took about 10 mins maximum. The interview was on a Thursday, the following Monday I had a letter in the post to arrange the bank guarantee with Commonwealth Bank...just a note when you go to CBA have $150 cash ready if you don't already bank with them...this is the fee they charge to set up the fixed term desposit account. Make sure you find a staff member who is familiar with the process as I had a rookie (less said about that, the better)!!!

You have to upload the centre link letter and bank docs on mygov/centrelink, it's not very clear on the steps you need to follow but use the number centrelink give you for the interview to ask any questions, to be fair CL were very helpful.

So i'm now waiting for CL to inform immigration and hopefully request the 2nd VAC, anyone know how long this takes?

"Finally after nearly 8 weeks Centre Link sent me a letter requesting a phone interview."

Was this letter in the post or email or in your inbox on myGov?  Today I  am on 10 weeks since applying for AOS.