yipeee........I am going home...(just a holiday) but still can't wait

bug family

What a fantastic update!!  (The holiday bit I mean, not so much the relationship issues of course).    So glad you and your son had such an incredibly exciting and memorable trip home. 

I've managed two trips home, both in December/January, and cried when I arrived in the UK (happiness) and cried when I came back to Perth (despair).     Like you, I loved the cold weather, the buildings, the friendliness, the feeling of 'being home', etc, etc.     However my husband is Australian and my two now-almost-adult kids are Aussie born, so I can't see me returning for good unfortunately.  

I hope you can talk things through with your wife.  It's so very hard when you're both pulled in different directions. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, FeelingStuck said:

I've managed two trips home, both in December/January, and cried when I arrived in the UK (happiness) and cried when I came back to Perth (despair)

Thanks feeling stuck, rather apt name 🙂 by the way lol......i know this feeling well, what part of Perth do you live in if you don't mind me asking?