chances for 489 SA visa

melissayu

hello guys,

I am planning to apply for 489 SA as an environmental consultant 234312, at 80 points (considering 10 from state)

what is your opinion? do I have chances?

I am giving up of 189 because I just have 70 and the points for invitation are too high now.....

and about 190 in NSW at 75? any chances.

Opinions are welcome.

The problem with going for SA is jobs.  If you get a 489 you will be stuck in South Australia for the duration of that visa, and I would be worried about job prospects.   It's a common belief that if an occupation is on the list for a state, there must be a demand for it - and that's not the case.  Firstly, the economy in SA isn't that good. Secondly, it's a small state (population of less than 2 million people. That's less than two-thirds the population of Wales.  If you went to live in Wales, how confident would you be of finding a job without crossing the border?

I suggest researching job opportunities in the state first, and I don't just mean searching on Seek.  Stay up late and ring recruitment agencies, identify and approach potential employers etc. 

• Like 2