489 to 887 questions

Raj02

Hi Guys, I’ve had 489 since August 2016 and recently I was going to apply for 887. I’m working as an Enrolled Nurse and my payslips are casual contract with few payslips like 68 hours and few like 65 hours per fortnight. So my question here is that If anyone lodged 887 with less than 70 hours per fortnight without any trouble.

2) we have applied for 489 visa for my wife and its been more than a year and still waiting for the outcome. we have provided every requested document and paid second instalment as well instead of IELTS.  But I guess case officer has put a hold on the application until she gives birth, so my question here is do case officers inform applicant that they have put their application on hold or they don’t inform at all and in relation to 887 one of the immigration agent has told me that I can put my application for 887 visa including my wife in the application but my understanding was she has to be on 489 visa before i can make an application for her. Please share your experiences regarding this.

cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Please could we get any information (hope) on the processing times for a 887 Visa?

We are on a 489 and we applied for the 887 on the 2 July 2018. At which point we only had to wait 12 months. Since then the processing time has increased to 16-17 months. Which takes us to very near the end of our current Visa.

Our current visa expires in January, and although we have a bridging visa inplace, it is becoming more difficult to put people at ease about out banking, renting and working capabilities.

The department of Home Affairs just give you the cold shoulder and couldn't care about our living and work arrangements, as institutions don't formally recognise bridging Visas.

We are getting a little concerned.