Removal companies recommendations

There are lots of decent companys out there, most people get 2 or 3 out to quote and go with who they feel best using. We personally used Crown Relo from Manchester to Brisbane when we moved years ago and had a shared container due to not bringing loads of stuff over, we had no issues. Other company's include Movecube, Anglo Pacific, Pickfords, PSS, Seven Seas, to name just a few.

Good luck with everything

Cal x

What CalNgary said.

If you don't have enough to fill a full container, then you have two options.  Most removalists will offer you space in a shared container.  The risk with that is that your stuff is in the same container with at least one other family's belongings, and although measures are taken to keep them separate, things are more likely to get mixed up or lost than if you had your own space.

For that reason, you're really better off with a sealed mini-container of your own, and that means using a Movecube, which is a product from Seven Seas.  There are three sizes to choose from - only the largest one will fit furniture and you need to measure carefully to see what will fit.

On 24/07/2019 at 11:27, Marisawright said:

What CalNgary said.

If you don't have enough to fill a full container, then you have two options.  Most removalists will offer you space in a shared container.  The risk with that is that your stuff is in the same container with at least one other family's belongings, and although measures are taken to keep them separate, things are more likely to get mixed up or lost than if you had your own space.

For that reason, you're really better off with a sealed mini-container of your own, and that means using a Movecube, which is a product from Seven Seas.  There are three sizes to choose from - only the largest one will fit furniture and you need to measure carefully to see what will fit.

I've been thinking that, after more than ten years of leaving my personal effects stored in the loft I am going to ask the managing agent to arrange to ship it all out here.  I've already asked them about moving the stuff into a UK storage facility but I've got no inclination to go back to the UK to do any sorting out. The house is tenanted too and I don't want to disturb them although it may be time to sell the house too.

I should have sold the house before I came back to Australia but stupid sentimentality won out. I've still got stuff stored in my garage in Sydney untouched from 1997 too.

16 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Now is definitely not the time to sell a house.  Market is very quiet.  Hold.

Thanks. I should say that "now" for me means a five year dither.  I don't need to sell the house but I think I do need to get the personal effects out of the loft.

I've not been back to England since I "emigrated", for the second time, in December, 2008.  I used to go back and forth, and my parents used to go back and forth, or forth and back. I lived quite happily in England for twelve years between the two stints in Sydney. I could have stayed but I've got close family here in Sydney.

• 3 months later...
On 23/07/2019 at 17:06, Perry the Platypus said:

My partner and me are moving from Manchester to North Queensland in a few months. There are so many removals firms, we don't know where to start so are looking for recommendations please. 

Don't know if you've made your arrangements yet, but friends of ours recently used White & Co and said it all went pretty smoothly. Decent price although not the cheapest I hear. They have a local branch in Lancaster that could help you or you could take a look at their Aussie web page https://www.whiteandcompany.co.uk/removals-to-australia/

Hope this helps.