You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

GettingThere

Can't locate SP40 form in immi website?

I am sponsoring my partner for a 309/100 visa. We've applied and are currently uploading all the documents we've got together over the past few months and I see I need to submit a 'form sp40'.

I have used the search function and even manually looked through every form in the forms section. The only thing I can find is a form called 'stat_dec_sponsor' which looks like the same thing but I'm wondering why it's not numbered like every other form the department uses?

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

309/100 visa application lodged 28/08/13 | Visa sub-class 309 granted 09/05/14 | Arrived NSW 27/05/15 | 100 (PR) visa application lodged 27/09/15 | PR granted 13/04/16 | Citizenship application lodged 18/06/19 | Citizenship test invite 02/03/20 | Citizenship test 27/04/20

Weird!  Are you applying online?  Usually there are helpful links in the portal somewhere. I just looked on the Dept of Home Affairs form library, and there's nothing there either... 

309/100 visa application lodged 28/08/13 | Visa sub-class 309 granted 09/05/14 | Arrived NSW 27/05/15 | 100 (PR) visa application lodged 27/09/15 | PR granted 13/04/16 | Citizenship application lodged 18/06/19 | Citizenship test invite 02/03/20 | Citizenship test 27/04/20

Looks like it's part of the immi portal - see discussion on another forum below:

image.thumb.png.df91f42be03805bd6ae61ef98537b79a.png

https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/286311-form-40sp-online-version.html

I applied via the post, so printed out the form, but perhaps given it's an inbuilt part of the online process, it's no longer a standalone form.

Yeah applying online, and for every other form they give a link to the specific form when you click the "?" button. But this one form doesn't.

17 minutes ago, vickyplum said:

Looks like it's part of the immi portal - see discussion on another forum below:

image.thumb.png.df91f42be03805bd6ae61ef98537b79a.png

https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/286311-form-40sp-online-version.html

I applied via the post, so printed out the form, but perhaps given it's an inbuilt part of the online process, it's no longer a standalone form.

Thankyou, I think you're right. Form 40SP is titled 'Sponsorship for a partner to migrate to Australia' and when I view my completed online sponsorship application the heading up the top of the form is 'Sponsorship for a partner to migrate to Australia'. So I guess they're one and the same? Still seems odd it's recommending attaching form 40sp when the application has replaced that form.

Edited by GettingThere

2 hours ago, GettingThere said:

Thankyou, I think you're right. Form 40SP is titled 'Sponsorship for a partner to migrate to Australia' and when I view my completed online sponsorship application the heading up the top of the form is 'Sponsorship for a partner to migrate to Australia'. So I guess they're one and the same? Still seems odd it's recommending attaching form 40sp when the application has replaced that form.

Yes - this is the way it's done now. The instructions could definitely be clearer!

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. 

9 minutes ago, paulhand said:

The instructions could definitely be clearer!

This should be the Dept. Of Home Affairs motto