Relationship breakdown after PR

Charlie1509

On 01/05/2014 at 19:49, The Pom Queen said:

After various misunderstandings of what should be posted where I just wanted to give you all a quick reminder of the guidelines.

Chewing the Fat is to discuss anything that is not related to emigrating to Australia or moving back to the UK. If you are unsure where your post should go please post it here and one of the mods will assess and move if required.

Thanks All.:wubclub:

Hi all, I’m not sure where to go with my question but here goes. We’ve been here for 7.5 years now, on 457’s for 6.5 years and employer sponsored permanent residence (186) for a year.

my partner and I are looking at separating and I was wondering if anyone knows how we stand with the visa? I’m hoping that if we separate it won’t affect her status as we also have a child together but with it being employer sponsored (my employer) I’m not sure where it’ll leave her? Any help would be great.

Hi, I've moved your post to where it may get more responses.  In answer to your question, if you've been issued your 186 already (and your partner and child also have their 186 visas I assume), then it would have no affect.  Each of you have your own visa and the fact that she got hers through your employer sponsorship is now irrelevant.

• Like 1