Student placement in Australia - which visa?

My daughter (Age 35) is a British Citizen living in England.  I'm an Australian/British dual national living in Victoria.  She begins a BSc course in Physiotherapy at a UK University in September with a view to her and her young family joining us in Australia (assuming she obtains her one year's post qualification experience and physiotherapy remains on the skilled occupation list).

We had planned for her, her husband and daughter to spend a short holiday with us in Victoria next August.  However, she has just found out that she has to do her first, month long student work experience placement in August 2020.  It occurred to us that she might be able to do this placement here instead of having a holiday.  She would, of course, return to her studies in the UK after completing the placement.  The student placement would likely be in a local hospital, physiotherapist's practice, or aged care home.

I've spoken on the phone to the Immigration department in Melbourne and they pointed me to a Subclass 651 eVisitors passport or a SubClass 407 Training Visa (I'd never heard of the Training Visa before).

I'm still unclear as to which of these two visas would be appropriate.  Has anybody had any experience in using either of these visas for this purpose - or has anybody used another visa to cover a student work experience placement?  A working holiday visa wouldn't cut it as she's already had one and now has a family.

Any advice regarding this would be welcome and appreciated.

I can't help with the visa - but she will need to speak with Uni to see if they allow overseas placements for the first one.  In nursing this can be done as an elective but usually takes place towards the end of training.  The other issue is to find a placement in Victoria that will satisfy her uni learning objectives and also accommodate a placement (they may not have enough placements to accommodate an additional student).  

• Like 2

Yes the attitude of the UK uni is a "known" unknown.  We will have to see what they say.  The attitude of potential placements here in South West Victoria also have to be tested.  I know from experience as a student at Flinders University SA, that Victorian placements were hard to get as many give preference to students from Victorian Universities.  That said, there can't be too much demand for placements in rural SW Victoria as compared to Melbourne.  We'll work through these issues but the visa is the big unknown.