Subclass 309

Malika

• 2 weeks later...

I have applied for my husbands in june uploaded everything so far done police check and then booked in the medical centre for his medical. I was aware that a CO Got un touch to let you know when to go for a medical but with us this wasnt the case. Once the clinic that does the medical near to you receives the HAP Number that's when you can go. In our case we havent heard from a CO but the clinic did have our hap number and even the ladies in the clinic said that was odd as once they have the number on their systems that's always when you have to book in. I submitted the payment on the 17th and it got reviewed on the 26th but as I was still uploading documents and waiting on medical I have just checked the medical part in the immi account and it has now been up dated saying no further action. So now it's awaiting game to see if all my documents are enough to be granted. If I was you I would double check with the clinc that the immiaccount gives you to make sure they havent recieved your HAP Number yet. 

4 hours ago, Aussiebird said:

Hi,

Partner applied from UK in May 2019, no emails as of yet.  Police checks done but will wait for medical to be requested to avoid paying for again if visa not granted within 12 months. 

I'm advised that the validity of the medical is automatically extended to 18 months, if the processing is taking more than a year through no fault of your own.

I think the same might apply to the police checks too, but you might as well keep them up to date as they're relatively cheap.

On 05/08/2019 at 01:39, GrandpaGrumble said:

I'm advised that the validity of the medical is automatically extended to 18 months, if the processing is taking more than a year through no fault of your own.

I think the same might apply to the police checks too, but you might as well keep them up to date as they're relatively cheap.

I've not heard of it being extended to 18 months, who told you that??

It's relatively cheap enough to re do the police checks but the medical is quite pricey and not one that my partner wants to have to pay for again.

13 hours ago, Aussiebird said:

I've not heard of it being extended to 18 months, who told you that??

It's relatively cheap enough to re do the police checks but the medical is quite pricey and not one that my partner wants to have to pay for again.

Case officers do have the discretion to extend the validity but equally they can ask for new checks to be done. Don't assume they will extend it.