482 TSS to PR

Hi guys and girls,

I'm looking for some information as to where I stand on applying for permanent residency. I'll explain abit about my history below. 

So i started working as an Arborist in Adelaide, South Aus (for the company who now sponsor me) in October 2016 on my first working holiday Visa for 6 months. I was then granted my second working holiday Visa before working back with the company who now sponsor me for the final 6 months of that visa before they offered me a sponsorship. 

My current visa runs out in May 2020.

Can I apply for PR if so, which visa would.i be able to apply for. 

It's getting confusing now 

I have 7 years experience in the industry

Edited by Rich Wayman

If you are eligible to apply for a 189 or 190 visa in your own right, then you can apply (on your own) any time you like, you don't have to wait and work out your whole 482 visa.

If you want to apply for an employer sponsored PR visa, then I don't know. Normally you would need to wait until you'd done your two years on the 482 visa.  However I think you're asking, can you count the time you worked for that employer while you were on your WHV?   

If you're thinking of doing that, I'd get an agent's advice to make sure it does count, otherwise you could waste your money.  

• Thanks 1