Emmadoomers

190 state sponsorship - help!

Hi folks,

I am a nurse with one year's post-grad experience. Since successfully submitting an expression of interest to skill select, 65 points 189 and 70 state sponsored, I have been reading about needing 2 year's experience. This did not impede the EOI and I still got the points. I am registered with AHPRA. Has anyone out there been in a similar situation? Any help appreciated!

Emma

2 hours ago, Emmadoomers said:

Hi folks,

I am a nurse with one year's post-grad experience. Since successfully submitting an expression of interest to skill select, 65 points 189 and 70 state sponsored, I have been reading about needing 2 year's experience. This did not impede the EOI and I still got the points. I am registered with AHPRA. Has anyone out there been in a similar situation? Any help appreciated!

Emma

Hi Emma, 

The conditions for 190 are different for every state. Victoria does require two years of experience. NSW doesn't but the wait is very long. I've applied for VIC with same point score and they did check my experience. 

• Thanks 1

31/5 - 26/7/2018 - Monash University bridging program for internationally qualified nurses, 5/8/2018 - APHRA registration, 12/9/2018 - ANMAC modified skill assessment, 18/2/2019 - PTE Academic overal score 88 (R 83, L 90, W 81, S 90), 21/2/2019 - EOI for 189 and for 190 visa (NSW, VIC) lodged, 25/2/2019 - VIC 190 state nomination pre-invitation received (65+5 points, Registered Nurse (surgical) ANZSCO 254424), 03/04/2019 invitation received after submitting comittment letter to VIC government, 30/05/2019 application for VIC 190 submitted 25/11/2019 VISA GRANTED!!

Thank you so much for your help. I specifically want to live in Melbourne as I have connections there so it's looking like I will have to wait a year? I did work as a HCA during all of my training, but I doubt that qualifies as relevant work experience? 

15 minutes ago, Emmadoomers said:

Thank you so much for your help. I specifically want to live in Melbourne as I have connections there so it's looking like I will have to wait a year? I did work as a HCA during all of my training, but I doubt that qualifies as relevant work experience? 

It looks like that but I'm no expert so it might be worth asking a immi lawyer? 

Best of Luck x

31/5 - 26/7/2018 - Monash University bridging program for internationally qualified nurses, 5/8/2018 - APHRA registration, 12/9/2018 - ANMAC modified skill assessment, 18/2/2019 - PTE Academic overal score 88 (R 83, L 90, W 81, S 90), 21/2/2019 - EOI for 189 and for 190 visa (NSW, VIC) lodged, 25/2/2019 - VIC 190 state nomination pre-invitation received (65+5 points, Registered Nurse (surgical) ANZSCO 254424), 03/04/2019 invitation received after submitting comittment letter to VIC government, 30/05/2019 application for VIC 190 submitted 25/11/2019 VISA GRANTED!!

On 20/07/2019 at 05:55, Emmadoomers said:

When you say training, do you mean you did your bachelor's degree in Australia?. If yes, and less than 2 years ago, then you qualify as a recent graduate and can apply to Victoria without work experience. You'll have to get your skill assessment from anmac first though.

Goodluck

Thank you for your reply. Yes I graduated last year with a bachelor with honours but it was from a UK university. Does that still count? Were you also in that situation? 

16 hours ago, CO348 said:

When you say training, do you mean you did your bachelor's degree in Australia?. If yes, and less than 2 years ago, then you qualify as a recent graduate and can apply to Victoria without work experience. You'll have to get your skill assessment from anmac first though.

Goodluck

Thank you for your reply. Yes I graduated last year with a bachelor with honours but it was from a UK university. Does that still count? Were you also in that situation?

18 hours ago, Emmadoomers said:

Thank you for your reply. Yes I graduated last year with a bachelor with honours but it was from a UK university. Does that still count? Were you also in that situation?

Unfortunately it doesn't, you're classified as recent graduate of it was from an Australian uni. Otherwise, you'll have to go according to the website. My situation was different from yours, as I completed my degree here in VIC

12 hours ago, CO348 said:

Unfortunately it doesn't, you're classified as recent graduate of it was from an Australian uni. Otherwise, you'll have to go according to the website. My situation was different from yours, as I completed my degree here in VIC

On 21/07/2019 at 00:25, CO348 said:

Goodluck

Thank you for your reply. I started another thread to see if I could qualify for TSS... I think they look for 2 year's experience also but I've seen positive skills assessments used in lieu of this. 

On 20/07/2019 at 03:34, Emmadoomers said:

Hi folks,

I am a nurse with one year's post-grad experience. Since successfully submitting an expression of interest to skill select, 65 points 189 and 70 state sponsored, I have been reading about needing 2 year's experience. This did not impede the EOI and I still got the points. I am registered with AHPRA

Have you considered coming over on a WHV and getting a year experience in Australia instead?

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Unfortunately I used my WHV a few years back in an unrelated field. Thanks for your post. 

5 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Have you considered coming over on a WHV and getting a year experience in Australia instead?

12 hours ago, CO348 said:

On 21/07/2019 at 00:25, CO348 said:

Goodluck

Thank you for your reply. I started another thread to see if I could qualify for TSS... I think they look for 2 year's experience also but I've seen positive skills assessments used in lieu of this.