Leaving Employer after 186 Granted

Mustung

Hello Folks, 

any one has changed the job before completing 2 years after 186 grant? 

Planning to change my Employer after granted 186 Direct Entry. Checked the following website. Employer need to inform department in case employee leaves i assume that applicable with 187 visa only.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/employing-and-sponsoring-someone/existing-sponsors/change-in-situation 

image.png.9199a7610a6cc10fe03cbee4e3e0a598.png

Second weblink below tells what if you want to change the job but 186 is not available in the selection. 

I checked my Visa Grant Notice and cant see any VISA condidtion. 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/change-in-situation/job-situation 

Why do you want to leave? Unless they are mistreating you or are committing some sort of crimes against your person, you owe them the decency to remain with them for the required two year period. They spent thousands of dollars to sponsor you for a life in this country. So as I said unless they are mistreating you in some way, you should show them some loyalty and stay with them for the twobuear period.

Paid up all expenses my self. 

hard to work in status quo environment... 

getting an opportunity with better career growth, learning and to outgrow my skills.. last but not the least.. remuneration..

what should i do in that case?

3 hours ago, Mustung said:

Yes the visa fee, medicals, skills assessment etc but the company still had to pay to nominate you and probably paid an agent to assist them with their paperwork. 

Unless you mean you paid the nomination fee as well (which is illegal).

You applied for your visa on the agreement you would work for them for 2 years. The reasons you have in wanting to leave won’t cut it with immigration. You knew your remuneration when you applied. Your employer could report you for fraud and yes your visa could be cancelled. Whether this has been enforced I do not know, but I do know from a reputable migration agent that the guidelines do leave some loopholes open to cancel visas if need be, under certain circumstances.

Edited by Wonderingaloud

11 minutes ago, Wonderingaloud said:

Yes the visa fee, medicals, skills assessment etc but the company still had to pay to nominate you and probably paid an agent to assist them with their paperwork. 

Unless you mean you paid the nomination fee as well (which is illegal).

You applied for your visa on the agreement you would work for them for 2 years. The reasons you have in wanting to leave won’t cut it with immigration. You knew your remuneration when you applied. Your employer could report you for fraud and yes your visa could be cancelled. Whether this has been enforced I do not know, but I do know from a reputable migration agent that the guidelines do leave some loopholes open to cancel visas if need be, under certain circumstances.

Hello @Wonderingaloud I don’t disagree with you and realise that this case is DE stream but in case of TRT there are no nomination costs for the employer. So in a situation where they don’t use an MA it is free for the employer to sponsor but the employee still has to pay their own visa and additional costs. Just FYI 😊 because I read something similar in another post from you but like in my situation my employer didn’t invest or spend any money on the visa and I did all the business paperwork myself. 

As I said not disagreeing but thought you should know not all employers spend money on their employees and visas. 

And if people want to risk leaving their employer then it’s up to them, don’t you think? 

Edited by Muppett

7 minutes ago, Muppett said:

Hello @Wonderingaloud I don’t disagree with you and realise that this case is DE stream but in case of TRT there are no nomination costs for the employer. So in a situation where they don’t use an MA it is free for the employer to sponsor but the employee still has to pay their own visa and additional costs. Just FYI 😊 because I read something similar in another post from you but like in my situation my employer didn’t invest or spend any money on the visa and I did all the business paperwork myself. 

As I said not disagreeing but thought you should know not all employers spend money on their employees and visas. 

And if people want to risk leaving their employer then it’s up to them, don’t you think? 

He indicated that he is on a 186, not 187. So as such, yes he is obligated to stay with that employer for a minimum of 2 years as part of the visa agreement.

3 minutes ago, Muppett said:

That’s fine- thanks for pointing that out, I actually didn’t realise there were no fees payable by the company for the TRT 186.

But regardless of who spent what, the OP agreed to work for 2 years for the sponsoring employer. S/he posted on a public forum so I provided my 2 pence worth. If they want to risk leaving their employer it is absolutely to them, I don’t care! But like I said, I’m adding in my opinion and cautioning them seeing as they did ask. 

11 minutes ago, Wonderingaloud said:

That’s fine- thanks for pointing that out, I actually didn’t realise there were no fees payable by the company for the TRT 186.

But regardless of who spent what, the OP agreed to work for 2 years for the sponsoring employer. S/he posted on a public forum so I provided my 2 pence worth. If they want to risk leaving their employer it is absolutely to them, I don’t care! But like I said, I’m adding in my opinion and cautioning them seeing as they did ask. 

Oh absolutely, would never stop you from giving your opinion 👌🏻 

19 hours ago, Mustung said:

Hello Folks, 

any one has changed the job before completing 2 years after 186 grant? 

Planning to change my Employer after granted 186 Direct Entry. Checked the following website. Employer need to inform department in case employee leaves i assume that applicable with 187 visa only.

It depends on the circumstances and each has to make their own decision.

Be mindful that when you applied for the subclass 186 visa, among other statements you agree to the following in your application. You specifically have to tick yes to each question to be able to lodge:

• Warning: Giving false or misleading information is a serious offence. 
  • The applicants declare that they:
  • Agree to take up the position for at least two years.
  • Understand that if the applicant, any family members included in the application or third parties acting on behalf of the applicant, provide (or have provided in a previous application) false or misleading information, or bogus documents either knowingly or otherwise, the visa application will be refused and the applicant subject to three year bar in relation to visas to which the fraud criterion applies. Any visa granted may be cancelled.
  • Understand that if documents are found to be fraudulent or information to be incorrect after the grant
    of a visa, the visa may subsequently be cancelled

Some applicants may glance over these statements, but it is worth reviewing your application to see exactly what you have agreed to in the visa application declaration.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Skizziks said:

What if the employer terminates employment during 2 years period of contract, will the 186 visa gets cancelled? For some stupid reason exmaple: He hates me for no reason and fired me then report to immigration?

Then it's their fault not yours so you can't be penalised, AFAIK

• 2 months later...

Hey @Mustung

I am not an expert, but I got a friend who was on 457 then 186, only worked about 1year 9months on the visa 186 before he left the company. And in total he only worked for 3yrs (combining both 457 and 186), not even 4 yrs. He's all good. 

My agent who helped me get 186 (and it was pretty tough for me cos of some skill list problem), said that you don't actually have obligation to stay for 2yrs.

I Guess especially if the work is draining you, I understand that you wanna leave. Mental health is important! But at the end of the day, it's up to you. And note that I'm not an expert, I'm just saying what my friend's experience is.

Good luck!

• 4 months later...
On 18/07/2019 at 16:29, Mustung said:

hard to work in status quo environment... 

getting an opportunity with better career growth, learning and to outgrow my skills.. last but not the least.. remuneration..

what should i do in that case?

Sorry, for bumping this old thread. 

Would love some clarification on what the employer has to pay and what the employee (I in this case) has to pay:

Employer:

1. Skill levy

2. Nomination Fees

Employee:

1. Visa fees

2. Partner fees

3. Medical fees

4. Skills assessment

5. English Paper fees

Is the above list correct?

Would the employer or I have to pay for the MARA agent?

9 hours ago, arzh2 said:

Would the employer or I have to pay for the MARA agent?

Unless they have a lot of experience with sponsoring, the employer should hire their own agent to manage their side of the process - it's much too complicated to attempt on their own and there's a high risk of failure. They pay for that agent's fees.   It's up to you whether you want to hire your own agent to do your side, and you'd pay for that.

Edited by Marisawright