I have my vetassess, how does it line up with my English qualifications

Simon mcmullen

Hello all,

I have passed my joinery vetassess and now ready to place my expression of intent in. Me and my wife would love to get the 190 visa to NSW.  However, my agent has said, because I have both NVQ level 2 and level 3 in joinery, that the vetassess was highlighted my level 3. I have only 1 year work experience at this level. It is this that the emigration agents are wary of. So they have suggested a 489 visa to SA. As the regional visa requirements are 1 year work experience. Is this correct? And that all earlier work experience become null? I do not understand why the agents have mention this as the Australian points have work experience already. Does anyone have any experience with this

many thanks

skn

6 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Because views NVQ2 as none qualified. So, only experience gained after becoming qualified will count. 

My tutor has said that the NVQ level 2 in joinery is the minimum requirement to become fully qualified as a tradesman. Which I received 4 years ago. So should them four years not be classed as post qualificationexperience. I only done the NVQ 3 to help  with my job now.