Is there any change of points for Sub class 190 after November, 2019?

Zami

Dear all,

Can anyone inform me whether there is any change of points for Subclass 190 after 15th November? I came to know that some new changes are coming for new Subclass 491 which will be implemented after 15th November, 2019.

Regards.

• 2 months later...
Dear all,
Can anyone inform me whether there is any change of points for Subclass 190 after 15th November? I came to know that some new changes are coming for new Subclass 491 which will be implemented after 15th November, 2019.
Regards.

I would love to know this! Will have 65 points on November 15th. Enough to apply for SA. What are the chances that they will require more points before or after that date? Thanks in advance

3 hours ago, Martynd said:

I would love to know this! Will have 65 points on November 15th. Enough to apply for SA. What are the chances that they will require more points before or after that date? Thanks in advance

The new points schedule will apply to all points tested visas. What happens to EOI invitation thresholds is, of course, still to be seen. Most commentators expect them to rise slightly. 

• Like 1

The new points schedule will apply to all points tested visas. What happens to EOI invitation thresholds is, of course, still to be seen. Most commentators expect them to rise slightly. 

Thanks for the reply. Is there much point tho? If they are raising the points given why raise the points required? It would even it out and defeats the object, unless I’m missing something?

I get that but as it stands I don’t get any points for my wife anyway? However when the points changed I will receive 5 points, additional to this, the single folk will get 15? That’s not fair on people with partners? I’m a little confused and don’t know enough about it. Fingers crossed they will remain at 65points for 190 to SA.

14 hours ago, Martynd said:

I get that but as it stands I don’t get any points for my wife anyway? However when the points changed I will receive 5 points, additional to this, the single folk will get 15? That’s not fair on people with partners? I’m a little confused and don’t know enough about it. Fingers crossed they will remain at 65points for 190 to SA.

The logic is that one skilled person with an unskilled partner is less valuable than either a couple where both are skilled or a single skilled person. The unskilled partner is taking a place in the migration programme that could have gone to someone with skills that Australia needs. 

After the changes, a single person and a person with a skilled partner both get 10 points, and a skilled person with an “unskilled” partner who has competent English gets 5 points. 

Edited by paulhand
Typo
  • Like 1