ADVICE NEEDED!

Mandy3112

Hi All,

Long story short;

Came from the UK to visit my parents/siblings in January 2018 on a visitors visa (They are PR) At the time, my only option to stay was to apply for an 835 Last remaining relative visa - i was fully aware of the negatives and the waiting list but at that time i felt it was the right decision to make. Further to that i applied for working rights and have been placed on a BVA since May 2018.

I gained employment quite quickly and have been working as an office manager for a real estate business for one year. They have offered to sponsor me.

We have looked at what we believe to be every visa option going. My role, or any role within the business is not on the skills list unless i apply within regional australia (i am based in Sydney) The company are willing to do anything possible to make this happen but we are constantly hitting dead ends. Has anyone been in this position before or can offer any advice?

There is no way they can sponsor you if the occupation is not on any list.  End of story, I'm afraid.   It makes sense - though you may be an excellent employee, if you left tomorrow they'd be able to find a local candidate  to replace you. Perhaps they wouldn't be as good as you but there are thousands of people in Sydney who could do the job competently.  That's why it's not on any of the lists. 

• Like 1

It's a situation I came across often when I was working.  Companies often know little or nothing about how sponsorship works and will make the offer with the best of intentions.    There's a few people somewhere in the UK who hate me - in each case, they were in Australia working on a WHV, their manager promised them it would be "no problem" to sponsor them, and I was the bad guy who had to tell them it was impossible!   

Edited by Marisawright