Rejected 407 Training visa implications

RobinPickett88

Hello people,

I would like to know if anyone can tell me what the implications are for having a 407 training visa rejected?

Does this prevent you from re-entering the country on a tourist visa, or for re-applying for other visas? Would it be worth making an appeal even though it takes 1yr and a half?

I would be grateful for any advice or shared experiences on this matter,

Many thanks!

It sounds like you need to engage an agent, it's the only sure way to get the right advice.  

My gut feeling, as a non-expert, is that a training visa has more to do with the employer failing to meet the requirements, not you, so it shouldn't count against you.  

However, if you immediately apply for a tourist visa, you may get interrogated, because Immigration is bound to suspect you're trying to find back-door ways to stay in Australia and possibly continue working.  That doesn't mean to say you won't get the visa, just that they'll scrutinise it more. 

As for appealing - the first step is to look at why it was rejected. You're not going to succeed with an appeal if the application wasn't strong enough or there were errors or omissions.  Get an agent's opinion on whether the department's decision was fair and reasonable before investing money in an appeal.

If your case was debatable, the only advantage of an appeal is that, presumably, you'll get a bridging visa which will allow you to stay in Australia while the appeal is considered.  I have no idea what the conditions of that visa would be - another question to ask the agent.