Partner Visa 801 Filing/Waiting Period

My mum's partner visa 820/801 application was lodged last January 2015.

Her 820 visa was granted last August 2016. We did not know that we dont have to wait anymore for the notification of Home Affairs when to submit documents for 801.

I applied for my Dependent Child visa 445 (because my mum is still on 820) and my 445 visa was granted on January 2018.

We both lodged a joint application for 801 (with me being her dependent child) on February 2018.

QUESTION: Will our 801 visa application be denied for the late submission of 801 documents?

(the current rule is after 2 years after filing of 820, the 801 documents should be submitted. We submitted ours on February 2018)

Something similar happened to a friend of mine (not someone I was representing). The Agent she used hadn't reminded her the two years was up. She uploaded her documents on her ImmiAccount about 12 months after she could. Clicked the button at the bottom (that reads updated or something similar) and a week later received notification that she was moved onto the 801.