and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

B1K3R

Sister living abroad with disability advice

Hi,

I'm writing this on behalf a friend.

A friend residing in Australia has a disabled (cerebral palsy) sister living overseas who is presently being cared for by the parents.

When both parents pass away, is it possible for my friend to permanently bring over her sister and be her guardian/carer?

She (the disabled sister) will have enough money in her account so she wont be financially depended on my friend.

Thank you.

11 minutes ago, B1K3R said:

Hi,

I'm writing this on behalf a friend.

A friend residing in Australia has a disabled (cerebral palsy) sister living overseas who is presently being cared for by the parents.

When both parents pass away, is it possible for my friend to permanently bring over her sister and be her guardian/carer?

She (the disabled sister) will have enough money in her account so she wont be financially depended on my friend.

Thank you.

Highly unlikely as I doubt she would pass the medical, even if there was any applicable visa class. Might be worth running it past an agent in case a pathway exists, but I would put any hopes behind it. 

Unlikely, she has enough funds to pay for any care she needs by the sound of it. I don’t think it would make any difference either way 

Thank you, I thought so as well...