Visitor 600 with no 8503 condition

Nurrishd

My wife just got granted a 1 year multiple entry visitor visa which has no 8503 condition attached to it.

She is currently in the Philippines and my self in the UK. I am a Australian Permanent resident myself.

Our current plan is to meet up in a few months and travel together to Australia.  For now our intentions are to travel and for me to start work after that and for her to stay with me initially for 3 months.  However if there comes a time she decides she would like to stay longer what options are open to her being onshore. 

I've heard about applying for a partner visa which then allows her to stay on a bridging visa whilst its under processing.

Another potential curve ball is that by the time we arrive she may be 4 months pregnant

Many thanks

If she's in Australia when applying for a partner visa, she'd apply for the 820/801 visa.  She'd be issued a bridging visa A which will sit idle in the background until the 600 visa expires (it expires when she doesn't leave Australia on the 600 expiry date).  If she's pregnant, the only issue would be if she's requested to complete the medical check before she's delivered.  She can simply advise of her pregnancy and DHA will wait for her to deliver before she completes the chest x-ray.  It may delay processing a bit but it's not an uncommon situation.

10 hours ago, MaggieMay24 said:

If she's in Australia when applying for a partner visa, she'd apply for the 820/801 visa.  She'd be issued a bridging visa A which will sit idle in the background until the 600 visa expires (it expires when she doesn't leave Australia on the 600 expiry date).  If she's pregnant, the only issue would be if she's requested to complete the medical check before she's delivered.  She can simply advise of her pregnancy and DHA will wait for her to deliver before she completes the chest x-ray.  It may delay processing a bit but it's not an uncommon situation.

Really appreciate your reply. Many thanks 🙂