Vaccinations

Vicky87

Hi all

We've recently arrived in Australia and have been hitting the ground running. My husband had work anyway and I've just been offered a job starting end of July. My concern is getting my daughter vaccinated so she can start nursery. It seems she's missing 3x hepatitis B vaccine and I've been googling and apparently dose 1 and 3 need to be 4 months apart - is this correct? How did people manage enrolling children to schools and nurseries etc, was this an issue? 

Thanks 

Vicky 

1 hour ago, Vicky87 said:

Hi all

We've recently arrived in Australia and have been hitting the ground running. My husband had work anyway and I've just been offered a job starting end of July. My concern is getting my daughter vaccinated so she can start nursery. It seems she's missing 3x hepatitis B vaccine and I've been googling and apparently dose 1 and 3 need to be 4 months apart - is this correct? How did people manage enrolling children to schools and nurseries etc, was this an issue? 

Thanks 

Vicky 

We had the same thing in Tassie. They have the first jab then the doctor records it with an agency which let centrelink know the child is on a catchup program. This allows you to enrol and claim childcare subsidy, but there is a delay before you get it sorted so you might pay full fees for a short time then claim it back automatically. If you don't get the second/third one done the childcare subsidy is removed.

That's great thank you, panic over. We were advised the childcare subsidy can take up to 12 weeks but if we keep receipts we'll be refunded which is good as its so expensive! Just had a worry that we wouldn't be able to get into a routine with work/ nursery for a few months until we had fully caught up. Think she needs the extra stimulation and play with the other kids! (and I need 5 mins adult conversation 😂

• 4 months later...