Jump to content

Bridging visa after 489

Recommended Posts

Hi....I wondered after satisfying living in a regional area for two years under the 489 visa, you can then apply for the 887 visa.

i believe when you apply for the 887 visa you are automatically granted a bridging viisa. Does the bridging visa have same restrictions as the 489 e.g living & working in a  regional area ?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I did some research, i.e. Googled: and the copies and pasted from a couple of sites, though not the official Immi.gov whatever it is, which might be the best place to ask.

Phone numbers

Every day there are 15,000 people who call us for guidance. We aim to answer enquiries quickly and efficiently. 

From within Australia

Telephone: 131 881

Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm

Our Global Service Centre is closed on Australian National Public Holidays (New Year's Day, Australia Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Anzac Day, Christmas Day and Boxing Day).

Be aware that Mondays are our peak days for calls and you may need to wait longer to speak to an operator.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now