186 Employer sponsor - Direct Entry

Hello All,

I am currently on 482 visa. I shall be going through an agent for my ENS-186(Direct or TS). 

Is it possible to go for medicals before actually applying the visa? (https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/employer-nomination-scheme-186/direct-entry-stream#HowTo) says 'Yes'. But, do i need to create my own immi account to undergo health examination? 

As i will be going through an agent, will they create an Immi account on behalf of me ? The reason why i would like to do medicals before applying is due to a medical condition of my daughter aged 3.5 yrs, she has speech and few devlopmental delays. But few therapists have opined that my daughter would be able to complete the medicals as their children too went through that phase and unless the child clearly displays severe characterstics of devlopmental delay. but i know it's case by case. If my health examination are positive, then i would go ahead with ENS-Direct entry which doesn't have health waiver. 

So is it a good idea?? so that i dont need to pay the agent fee and application fee and later getting rejected. Also, if at all i do medicals beforehand and if the medicals are negative, can i not simply not link the medicals with the visa application? will it have any effect later if i apply any other visa?

Thanks for your inputs,

Jen

1 hour ago, JenniferSiders said:

Hello All,

I am currently on 482 visa. I shall be going through an agent for my ENS-186(Direct or TS). 

Is it possible to go for medicals before actually applying the visa? (https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/employer-nomination-scheme-186/direct-entry-stream#HowTo) says 'Yes'. But, do i need to create my own immi account to undergo health examination? 

As i will be going through an agent, will they create an Immi account on behalf of me ? The reason why i would like to do medicals before applying is due to a medical condition of my daughter aged 3.5 yrs, she has speech and few devlopmental delays. But few therapists have opined that my daughter would be able to complete the medicals as their children too went through that phase and unless the child clearly displays severe characterstics of devlopmental delay. but i know it's case by case. If my health examination are positive, then i would go ahead with ENS-Direct entry which doesn't have health waiver. 

So is it a good idea?? so that i dont need to pay the agent fee and application fee and later getting rejected. Also, if at all i do medicals beforehand and if the medicals are negative, can i not simply not link the medicals with the visa application? will it have any effect later if i apply any other visa?

Thanks for your inputs,

Jen

Hi Jen

Once your business nomination has been submitted your MA will provide your HAP ID that is required to book you medical - so technically yes you can do these before applying for your visa

You can do the medicals ahead of time, but with lengthy processing times you run the risk that you may have to redo them if the visa isn't granted within 12 months of completing the medical exams.  So many people wait until they are requested to do them to save the cost of potentially retaking them.  And you won't know if the medicals are negative until they are submitted to Immigration and they assess the results. 

Thanks

@MaggieMay24  But if the doctor at medicals doesn't mention anything such as assessment report, then it should be a positive case? or can we not ask doctor on the outcome then and there itself?   Also, i don't see 186 visa type in my health declaration, so not sure how can we get medicals before submitting a nomination for ENS

22 hours ago, JenniferSiders said:

Is it possible to go for medicals before actually applying the visa?

Yes, but usually not advisable.

22 hours ago, JenniferSiders said:

If my health examination are positive, then i would go ahead with ENS-Direct entry which doesn't have health waiver. 

That is not how it works. The Panel Doctor will not tell you whether you meet the health requirements and you cannot request that they not be linked to your visa. The visa health examination is specifically for visa purposes, it is not a general assessment for your benefit.