You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Lizbeth

VACCU REFERAL

Hoping anyone might be able to help, my partner has been referred to VACCU which I presume is for an offence he has from over 20 years ago. We had Police certificates which are clear, employers references, and other evidence to show we are returning to the UK. 

We are due to travel on the 12th August 2019 and have been told it could be months before they even look at his case. Does anyone know if it’s possible to expedite a case or has been through a similar situation with a positive outcome ? 

The family member we are visiting has contacted the local MP AND WE’ve emailed VACCU but I just seem to be reading people waiting for a year. 

One person did post in December 2018 that by emailing the local Ozzie MP AND VACCU theirs was sorted within a week. 

Any help or Positive suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Hi Lizbeth,

have you had any response from VACCU or anyone else? 

Were due to fly 25th August on a 482 and I’m supposed to start work on 16th September. 

my son has been referred to VACCU and I’m really anxious that we won’t hear anything in time. 

Has anyone had a response from VACCU here? I know there hasn’t been much response on this thread but it’s the most recent one I can find. 

300 Prospective Spouse

Applied 11 March 2019 

We heard back Oct/Nov Time from VACCU and our visa ended up in a split decision after I’d requested for the same. We’ve Still not heard back regarding the visa and I am unsure how long this will take. 

Hi everyone, 

We had given up any hope and I was expecting to travel without my partner. However we did get a response from VACCU and we did get to travel as planned. I emailed them every day, I sent family photos , character references and anything else I could think of.  It was very last minute , I think maybe 10 days before we went and an email arrived saying they had looked at the case and saw no reason to refuse the visa it was sent back to the normal visa office in Hobart and approved within 24 hours. 
All I can say is email every day  ( even though they say don’t) & send lots of supporting evidence. With your application. It’s a really stressful time waiting for a response , I wish you luck and hope you get to travel as planned 😊

59 minutes ago, Lizbeth said:

All I can say is email every day  ( even though they say don’t) & send lots of supporting evidence. With your application. It’s a really stressful time waiting for a response , I wish you luck and hope you get to travel as planned 😊

I'm sure all your supporting evidence made a difference, but have you ever thought what would happen if every applicant sent an email every day?

Immigration officials are already snowed under enough, without thousands of people sending nagging emails again and again.  Please consider that the people who work in Immigration who are doing a difficult job with inadequate staffing, and clogging up their mailbox and phone lines slows things down rather than speeding things up. 

• Like 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

6 hours ago, Marisawright said:

I'm sure all your supporting evidence made a difference, but have you ever thought what would happen if every applicant sent an email every day?

Immigration officials are already snowed under enough, without thousands of people sending nagging emails again and again.  Please consider that the people who work in Immigration who are doing a difficult job with inadequate staffing, and clogging up their mailbox and phone lines slows things down rather than speeding things up. 

especially as every one if those emails needs to logged and recorded - thus taking up time which could have been used to work on processing the application! Do people nit realise that repeated nagging doesn't get anything sorted faster!

3 hours ago, Nemesis said:

especially as every one if those emails needs to logged and recorded - thus taking up time which could have been used to work on processing the application! Do people nit realise that repeated nagging doesn't get anything sorted faster!

Clearly it worked for Lizbeth so your response is incorrect. Unless you have dealt with vaccu on a personal level and can offer advice on processing times?? 

This process is stressful enough without personal opinions that are not useful on the subject matter. 

2 minutes ago, al3x said:

Clearly it worked for Lizbeth so your response is incorrect.

That's not a reasonable conclusion to draw.  If she hadn't sent any emails, she might well have got the decision at exactly the same time. 

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

55 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

That's not a reasonable conclusion to draw.  If she hadn't sent any emails, she might well have got the decision at exactly the same time. 

Or maybe even quicker. Generally in any "case" process a new contact resets the "must contact by" date. So bombarding them actually is usually self defeating.

Hey everyone chill your jets! I was asked about my personal experience and I gave it. I have no idea if sending emails every day worked or not and you're right, the visa may have arrived in time despite that.

You may prefer to sit back and watch your fate unfold. I believe in trying everything I can and fighting until I know there’s nothing more I can do.

In reference to me considering the poor immigration persons workload. Well if you want me to put that over and above subjecting my family to utter heartbreak because dad had to stay at home, then a quick email every day seems reasonable. 
To those of you who sought some  genuine advice , all I’ve told you is what happened for us and I keep everything crossed that you the outcome you want because being in limbo is really hard and sometimes the system is wrong. 

To those of you who think I’m out of order for pushing, enjoy your trip to Oz in 2029 😊

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Lizbeth said:

To those of you who think I’m out of order for pushing, enjoy your trip to Oz in 2029 😊

But that's the point, we're thinking of all the people still in the queue, which is progressing more slowly every day because immigration officials are spending 2 or 3 hours of their day, logging and processing unnecessary emails.  

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing everyone. We have 2 visas in the pipeline. 
1. PMV lodged March 2019. They requested further info regarding character and said would likely be referred to vaccu once received. We uploaded everything January 16. 
2. 600 visitor visa. Lodged December 1 and referred to VACCU December 20. 
I know it’s going to be a lengthy wait no matter what but hopefully they have something in process where they look at the fact that people may have already been waiting a long time (10 months for PMV) and put a bit more of a priority on these ones. Wishful thinking lol. 

300 Prospective Spouse

Applied 11 March 2019 

On 19/01/2020 at 22:38, al3x said:

Clearly it worked for Lizbeth so your response is incorrect. Unless you have dealt with vaccu on a personal level and can offer advice on processing times?? 

This process is stressful enough without personal opinions that are not useful on the subject matter. 

I know its stressful you have no idea how much stress has been involved in my family's migration journey.

Any communication by email has to be logged by the case officer because it may have to be retrieved later for a review, an appeal, or a Freedom of Information request. Therefore every email slows he process. Basic rule of Public Service, everything is auditable.