Grey, black and maybe a splash of dark green

starlight7

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MARYROSE02 said:

After a few minutes contemplation about the colours of Sydney roofs (rooves?) as seen from a plane - red, marroan (sic), ochre I started singing "Colours" by Donavan.  What is the colour of nostalgia? Turquoise? Mellow Yellow?!

Agree. 

Sydney is all about red terracotta roofs, deep blue sky, mauve jacarandas.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MARYROSE02 said:

The jacarandas are biding their time before they display their finery, not unlike bluebells in the way they are almost invisible for 10 months of they year?

Invisible maybe but the seem to drop crap for most of the year!  In our last place a neighbours jacaranda overhung our drive and made a right mess!  Was lovely when it flowered though..I forgave it.  Then the driveway turned purple and the broom came out again!

I do love driving down the streets lined with them in the city and Eastern suburbs of Adelaide though.  Very few in the Hills, probably too cold in winter.

Adelaide also has lovely golden sandstone buildings and lots of green against blue skies.

• Like 1

On 16/07/2019 at 22:43, MARYROSE02 said:

After a few minutes contemplation about the colours of Sydney roofs (rooves?) as seen from a plane - red, marroan (sic), ochre I started singing "Colours" by Donavan.  What is the colour of nostalgia? Turquoise? Mellow Yellow?!

That's a great visual you painted. I love that song!