You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

UK General Election Predictor

Ok, so jews vote Tory, muslims vote labour, neither manifestos stack up financially, Boris won't debate with Andrew Neil, the Tories try to make their website look impartial through stealth, the Tories can't be arsed engaging on climate change.... these are shit candidates all round.

Post all the Krankie shots you want, Sturgeon is easily the best parliamentarian out of all these, shame we English can't vote for her.

Edited by s713
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Feel sorry for you guys- no decent leaders around, damned if you do, damned if you don't. Remarkably similar to the situation here as well. And the USA. Where did all the inspirational politicians go?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, s713 said:

Ok, so jews vote Tory, muslims vote labour, neither manifestos stack up financially, Boris won't debate with Andrew Neil, the Tories try to make their website look impartial through stealth, the Tories can't be arsed engaging on climate change.... these are shit candidates all round.

Post all the Krankie shots you want, Sturgeon is easily the best parliamentarian out of all these, shame we English can't vote for her.

But the tories are going to win the general election .

Why get off your horse while you are leading the race .

Brexit will be done - end of .

Nicola sturgeon sums dont add up either 

• Like 1

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

On 27/11/2019 at 22:06, tea4too said:

The Labour Manifesto includes detailed plans relating to funding as well as spending and a letter to the Financial Times signed by 163 Economists  supports those proposals. Financial projections of any kind are a gamble, including as Newjez pointed out anything to do with Brexit, however a significant number of financial experts believe that after a decade of poor management the UK economy would benefit from the type and level of investment proposed in Labour's plans.

I have no reason to doubt the ability or knowledge of any of the signatories to the FT letter, and the rise in homelessness, child poverty and use of food banks is enough to convince me that they are right about a decade of financial mismanagement. T x

250 billion spend over 10 years 

Where is the money coming from ?

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

8 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

They will issue gilts at 1%.

The business they are buying are returning 10% profit.

The maths add up.

I just have doubts over whether they will manage it better than the private sector. Most of the problems with the energy sector have been caused by the government. I don't see that the government running the business is going to make that less so.

Economics isn't your strong point, and you have no understanding of how government debt works, so it might be best if you stay away from this one. You clearly don't understand Brexit either, despite your investment in it.

You must be good at something though. Why not talk about that for a little bit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Who would win?

Who would you prefer to keep safe your loved ones?

On 27/11/2019 at 22:06, tea4too said:

The Labour Manifesto includes detailed plans relating to funding as well as spending and a letter to the Financial Times signed by 163 Economists  supports those proposals. Financial projections of any kind are a gamble, including as Newjez pointed out anything to do with Brexit, however a significant number of financial experts believe that after a decade of poor management the UK economy would benefit from the type and level of investment proposed in Labour's plans.

I have no reason to doubt the ability or knowledge of any of the signatories to the FT letter, and the rise in homelessness, child poverty and use of food banks is enough to convince me that they are right about a decade of financial mismanagement. T 

IMG-20191201-WA0001.jpg

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

7 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

IMG-20191201-WA0001.jpg

It really is a shame that you can't discuss properly and have to resort to posting childish pictures when you hit your limit.

No better than the Simmo's laughing face.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, bunbury61 said:

But the tories are going to win the general election .

Why get off your horse while you are leading the race .

Brexit will be done - end of .

Nicola sturgeon sums dont add up either 

Which ones? Mrs Sturgeon doesn't do sums. Like Mr Johnson or any other leader they take advice from the relevant secretary, who in turn takes advice from those able to crunch the numbers, so to speak.

The current Scottish finance secretary is Derek Mackay. What part of his budget do you disagree with? 

I would note the Scottish Parliament is unable (by law) to run a deficit of any kind. The financial management across party lines since the re-establishment of the Scottish Parliament has been quite remarkable and has never run a deficit. I would suggest, for that reason, their sums have 'added up' quite well 

• Like 1

:evilface_frowning_s

IMG-20191202-WA0000.jpg

• Like 1

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

IMG-20191204-WA0007.jpg

• Haha 3

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

On 30/11/2019 at 15:07, bunbury61 said:

Why do you dismiss out of hand the view of 163 Economists? Is your opinion based on a key economic miscalculation they have made or simply a reaction to the party putting the proposals forward? Either way I'm surprised by your subsequent posts on this thread tbh Bunbury, as it's not like you to use a tragedy to point score, or to belittle women based on their appearance. T x

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tea4too said:

Why do you dismiss out of hand the view of 163 Economists? Is your opinion based on a key economic miscalculation they have made or simply a reaction to the party putting the proposals forward? Either way I'm surprised by your subsequent posts on this thread tbh Bunbury, as it's not like you to use a tragedy to point score, or to belittle women based on their appearance. T x

That's not belittling women - I was just taking the piss 😊

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

1 minute ago, bunbury61 said:

That's not belittling women - I was just taking the piss 😊

She does a great " crocodile rock " by the way 👍

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

10 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

She does a great " crocodile rock " by the way 👍

You've got too much time on your hands.

Surely someone needs their windows cleaned?

On your bike son.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, newjez said:

You've got too much time on your hands.

Surely someone needs their windows cleaned?

On your bike son.

You ok hun?

23 minutes ago, newjez said:

What a gutless little prig. Time to get some of those chicken memes ready bunbury. This guy is yellow.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50679252

These interviewers like to think they are the star sometimes and want to make it all about them.

Who cares what he wants ?

• Like 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

These interviewers like to think they are the star sometimes and want to make it all about them.
Who cares what he wants ?

The British public. In the UK, the credible journalists of which he is one (despite being a Brexiteer), tend to do their jobs properly and hold politicians to account, forensically scrutinise and push for answers when politicians stone wall or obfuscate.

Why do you think politicians get a bad wrap in the UK for their abject failures? Because they will get properly skewered when they come up against a credible journalist.

Please, note I’m not comparing credible UK journalists to mealy mouthed shock jocks in Aus (NSW ones come to mind), or the crop on the news channels, ABC included who just smile and nod at what the politician says and either don’t challenge or ask a half hearted rebuttal question and then continue to smile and nod. Thankfully the majority of Aussies don’t buy it and see right through that type of bs.

50 minutes ago, simmo said:

Stop arguing!!

He's promising to win the world cup now? Good grief.