23 minutes ago, Parley said:

In the interests of balance.

He is doing great obviously.

He's up for election again?

3 minutes ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

He's just been re elected

That's what I thought? 

Edited by newjez

Scomo is going to honoured by Donald Trump with a State Dinner when he visits US in September.

It is quite rare to get a State Dinner. The first for an Australian PM since John Howard was honoured.

Only the second given by Trump too. Macron got one.

I want it all, and I want it now.

3 hours ago, Parley said:

Scomo is going to honoured by Donald Trump with a State Dinner when he visits US in September.

It is quite rare to get a State Dinner. The first for an Australian PM since John Howard was honoured.

Has any Aussie PM been around long enough, since John Howard, to be invited? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, unzippy said:

Has any Aussie PM been around long enough, since John Howard, to be invited? 

Obviously yes because Scomo has only been PM for around 11 months and has been invited.

Every other PM since John Howard had at least 2 years as PM. Plenty of time.

Anyway that is irrelevant as hardly any world leaders have been invited.

• Haha 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

6 hours ago, Parley said:

I think that was a typo.......it should say "Steak Dinner"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

With all these social security payments being made to workers impacted by Coronavirus, surely they'll be hit by Robo-debts when the their tax returns indicate that their income for the full financial year was greater than the payment threshold?

There are no such things a Robo debts.  The ones that were classed as Robo debts were only for a period of around 3 months in 2016 when the systems automatically calculated the debts.  After that they were done by humans but income averaging was used.  The media latched onto the term and still use it every chance they get. 

12 minutes ago, AJ said:

There are no such things a Robo debts.

There is such a thing as Robo debts:

https://www.legalaid.vic.gov.au/find-legal-answers/centrelink/robo-debts

Centrelink may not be using Robo debts now, but that's only because they were challenged :

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/nov/20/robodebt-class-action-to-go-ahead-despite-overhaul-of-centrelink-debt-recovery

If you check your own attachment you will see that debts after 2015 are not robo debts - apologies I said 2016.  As I said before these debts were the only ones calculated by the automated system.  

Your post states that people may receive a robo debt after their tax return - again using the same term  as the media!  The class action is about debts that used averaging of income when people did not or would not supply their payslips or bank statements to confirm what they reported at the time.  

11 minutes ago, AJ said:

If you check your own attachment you will see that debts after 2015 are not robo debts - apologies I said 2016.  As I said before these debts were the only ones calculated by the automated system.  

Your post states that people may receive a robo debt after their tax return - again using the same term  as the media!  The class action is about debts that used averaging of income when people did not or would not supply their payslips or bank statements to confirm what they reported at the time.  

Whether it is the correct term or not is irrelevant, what is at issue is that govt have assumed debt and sought to recover that debt by using govt channels which could not be challenged. Obviously govt know that cannot be defended because they cancel the debts when challenged.

But they will not admit it is illegal and stop it so they will have to defend their illegal actions in court, where hopefully their dictatorial and draconian actions will have to be defended, govts are not supposed to persecute their citizens by the misuse of their powers, something Australian politicians seem to have difficulty getting their heads around.

http://theconversation.com/robo-debt-class-action-could-deliver-justice-for-tens-of-thousands-of-australians-instead-of-mere-hundreds-123691 

TRUMP invites all state leaders to any function going, he is a business man and only has the interests of the USA at heart, he does not give a fig about any other country but just what he can con you for.

• Like 1

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

If I were Scomo I wouldn't go near the USA for quite some time.  Rife with Trump's failure to control the  disease.

• Like 1

If I were Scomo I wouldn't go near the USA for quite some time.  Rife with Trump's failure to control the  disease.

Without a doubt.