Secondary school teacher

Sarz

As an agent you should not quote incorrect info

I didn't.

i have had several clients invited by a state that did not have their occupation listed at the time and for teachers I have successfully adopted strategies that have not been mentioned in your posts or replies.

5 hours ago, Sarz said:

Dean, I agree.

Try for 491 our agent advised us to go for ACT as they may be open in January via the Matrix and are taking overseas applications.  Vic was our only true hope. 

For NSW secondary teachers is in low category. Unless you want to go out to the remote Bush.

QLD is closed. WA & NT are not open for overseas applicants

Low category on the 190 for NSW - don’t know about new 491 regs, waiting to find out. Had to laugh at VIC - coming with a job in place on a 491 - very good.

Fact of the matter really and truly you’ll never be out of work as a teacher anywhere in the world. 

Stressing me out and getting P’d off a bit with it - these new regs for a 491 were meant to be out last month and now they’re not as of course I thought having more than the required points to get in would somehow be enough! Ha, how wrong was I?! 

On 10/12/2019 at 07:16, Lambert said:

A friend of mine went through the entire process of 190 with Victoria to be rejected at the last minute. He was a geography teacher and they said there wasn’t demand for him in the end. 

Heartbreaking to see 

I can understand. I hope we had a clue about this. We could have saved the last VIT registration fee.  

• 2 months later...
29 minutes ago, BethanLouise88 said:

Hi all,

Does anyone know if NSW still require the 1 year teaching in state experience? 

I cannot find any information on this. 

Thanks all! 

Yes they do, see below screenshot from here.

image.png.689f97f118c42c1031e9d5baf37c71b8.png

The additional criteria in the above screenshot is: 

image.png.301379cb8d584fa002e02a513ac42d64.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, pamoushe said:

Hi guys, just wondering if any secondary teacher got invited? Are public schools allowed to sponsor us? Do you recommend any good agent/lawyer? 

It is very erratic at the moment due to the obvious issue and will also depend on what you teach. 

Sponsorship is not an option at the moment as Australia borders are closed to anyone other than permanent residents and citizens. 

A big issue though looking at your post history is that it looks like you lodged an eoi prior to having your skills assessment? If this is the case, then not receiving an invite is a good thing. As, if you did and apply you would get a refusal. This would mean loss of the fee and potentially even a ban on reapplying. 

On 21/06/2020 at 22:03, VERYSTORMY said:

It is very erratic at the moment due to the obvious issue and will also depend on what you teach. 

Sponsorship is not an option at the moment as Australia borders are closed to anyone other than permanent residents and citizens. 

A big issue though looking at your post history is that it looks like you lodged an eoi prior to having your skills assessment? If this is the case, then not receiving an invite is a good thing. As, if you did and apply you would get a refusal. This would mean loss of the fee and potentially even a ban on reapplying. 

I studied here, applied for a skill assessment (aitsl), applied for 189 and 190, currently working (more than one yr experience). Why would you think that I lodged an eoi prior to the skill assessment?!

The only reason I am asking about the sponsorship is because I am currently working at a public school and they offered me a permanent position but I can't accept it. Anyway I have spoken to teach nsw and public schools cannot sponsor anyone. 

Edited by pamoushe

On 25/06/2020 at 21:18, pamoushe said:

I studied here, applied for a skill assessment (aitsl), applied for 189 and 190, currently working (more than one yr experience). Why would you think that I lodged an eoi prior to the skill assessment?!

The only reason I am asking about the sponsorship is because I am currently working at a public school and they offered me a permanent position but I can't accept it. Anyway I have spoken to teach nsw and public schools cannot sponsor anyone. 

How long have you been waiting Pamoushe? What are your points? Would private/independent schools sponsor? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/06/2020 at 22:25, ghsa said:

How long have you been waiting Pamoushe? What are your points? Would private/independent schools sponsor? 

I updated my EOi on 27/03/2020. 80 and 85 including state pts. I am thinking of doing the Naati test, though I think it is useless. Yes they can sponsor. 

• 6 months later...