Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

How is Boris Doing So Far?

Recommended Posts

On 7/5/2020 at 01:06, Paul1Perth said:

Don't think it's as bad as the US and per head of population not as bad as other countries in Europe. Belgium is way the worst for some reason. Some countries haven't even reached the peak yet and I don't believe anything that comes out of China.

Whilst the government has rules in place now though don't you think it might be a good idea to follow them and stay locked down rather than say " a couple more weeks of this and people will start ignoring advice and do their own thing".

And so 4 days later the govt rolled over and gave in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2020 at 01:57, Paul1Perth said:

They had stocks of PPE, always do, just not enough for a pandemic where just about all staff have to use them. When they tried to get more, which they did, there was a world wide shortage. My wife works in a Cancer treatment clinic where they have to wear PPE a lot to give treatment. They had set up a Coronavirus treatment unit in their hospital. She turned up for work one day and someone had raided their clinic and taken all their PPE. They rang the pharmacy and they had none, all dished out. Luckily they went round to the Coronavirus ward and demanded a load back. 

No one was prepared BTD.

The govt claimed they had prepared for a pandemic in line with scientific advice starting in 2016 as they were always aware that a pandemic was likely at some stage, obviously they didn't get the memo as they cut every budget they could to "make Austerity work"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the truth of Bori's incompetence 

Quote

Sir Paul Nurse, the chief executive of the Francis Crick Institute and and 2001 Nobel laureate for medicine, has delivered a scathing attack on the the government’s handling of the crisis.

“We are desperate for clear leadership at all levels,” he told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme.

He said the UK had been “too much on the back foot increasingly playing catchup.”

Nurse said there was confusion about the government’s strategy and who was in charge.

Do we have a proper governance system here that can combine scientific knowledge with political action? The question I’m constantly asking myself is, who is actually in charge of the decisions? Who is developing the strategy and the operation and implementation of that strategy? Is it ministers? Is it Public Health England, the NHS, the Office of Life Sciences, Sage? I don’t know. But more importantly, do they know?

We have lions on the front line of clinical care. We need lions also in the leadership so that we can actually really drive this forward.

Nurse added:

Everybody involved not just the politicians, the scientists, and the doctors. We’re all making mistakes. And we have to try and learn from what mistakes have been made up until now.

To get a better, more sensible way forward we we have to tackle two main issues. One is to get a much clearer, publicly presented strategy as to what we’re actually trying to do and the evidence upon which it is based. We’re not getting that in communications. Maybe there’s strategy there, I don’t see it. And we need to know what the scientific evidence led to that.

Nurse was particularly scathing about the lack of early testing. He said:

We’ve been allowing care workers to be in the wards who are potentially infected, infecting patients, infecting themselves, and as a consequence, making hospitals potentially unsafe places to be. We have to see a changed strategy there that is reliant upon the real evidence

He claimed the government failed to use labs across the country to increase testing.

He said: “It was a little like a pass the parcel the responsibilities were diffuse, no clear lines of responsibility. We are desperate for clear leadership at all levels.”

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well arrogant Cummings and useless Boris are finally exposed.

Boris is going to feel the tap on the shoulder from the grey men of the party if he doesn't get his act together. 

We'll know soon enough that Boris has fallen out of the nest if Gove starts his usual trick of white anting him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's definitely starting to fall apart, they can't get anything right first time and are facing push back on virtually every decision they make now. They're useless.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others.

If Cummings doesn't resign or isn't sacked, it's open season to defy any instruction coming from this Government. Something that's increasingly happening anyway.

Any shred of integrity, and he'd walk.

Edited by s713
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, s713 said:

All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others.

If Cummings doesn't resign or isn't sacked, it's open season to defy any instruction coming from this Government. Something that's increasingly happening anyway.

Any shred of integrity, and he'd walk.

Well he ain't walking and Boris has chickened out, the country will make its own mind up.

Will Boris make another screeching 'u' turn as the grey men start to point out that the polls are taking a nose dive,

I wonder how long his new 'blue' wall in the north MPs are going to stay silent .

Talk about a tin ear, an oven ready deal, well Boris's goose is cooked now, well and truly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

"Who cares..."

About resigning "obviously not".

The free rein this arrogant bastard has been given is unparalleled and dangerous. He's a un-elected loose cannon above both the Government and now the law. He's in a position even Putin must be envious of!

But, for some reason, people think its OK.

There's a concerted effort on social media to follow his lead and rebel against the lockdown, totally has my support, I'm out of here 😄.

Edited by s713
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grant Schapps at today's briefing, "At these times, we all want our family around us".

Fine Grant, except your Government has been telling people they couldn't see their families for the past 8 weeks.

Welcome to Nazi Britain.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Why is no-one defending him? Or Boris's (usual) lack of response?

Are they appalled? Is it backing-the -wrong-horse-syndrome? Or do you not care?

This is pure Nazi Germany before your eyes!!! You couldn't invent this.

Edited by s713
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm out of here. Good luck everyone. x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, s713 said:

Why is no-one defending him? Or Boris's (usual) lack of response?

Are they appalled? Is it backing-the -wrong-horse-syndrome? Or do you not care?

This is pure Nazi Germany before your eyes!!! You couldn't invent this.

I haven't lived in the UK for nearly 40 years and I won't be going back so what Boris gets up to is really none of my business but I went right off him a few years ago when he was mayor of London and stated that the quarter of a million quid he was earning on the side was "chickenfeed".  He doesn't live in the real world.  OK he is purported to be a loveable buffoon but that doesn't cut it with me at all.  That's all I've got to say about him really.  As I said it's none of my business. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, s713 said:

I'm out of here. Good luck everyone. x

Good luck to you too.  😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, s713 said:

I'm out of here. Good luck everyone. x

Good luck 👍

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny how the media and the Boris haters were so unclear of the guidance  are all of a sudden so clear on it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


making a fool of himself by looks of it 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 'How is Boris doing so far', well up till now he's managed to convince everyone he's a nice playful populist, a cuddly toy.

Now we are all starting to see the real Alexander Boris de Pfeffle Johnson, a scheming, egotist with no concern for anyone but himself and his mates.

Not a good look, supporting a man who was involved in making the rules for the country and then ignores them.

Seems like the right wing are having a bit of a bad time, Bolsonaro has the skids under him, Netanyahu in court on corruption charges, Boris about to find out that lying does have  consequences, Modi with a country that is not functioning without its 'slave' labourers.

I'm surprised the no one has come up with a picture from a street camera yet of caring dad Dominic out and about in Durham or Barnard Castle, I'm sure one will turn up soon

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rallyman said:


making a fool of himself by looks of it 

I take it you are referring to Boris??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Toots said:

I take it you are referring to Boris??

Yes

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, simmo said:

Funny how the media and the Boris haters were so unclear of the guidance  are all of a sudden so clear on it.

yes everyone was so confused by the messages coming out of Downing street yet now its all crystal clear......

My view is we need to lose the hysteria....its nothing short of laughable tbh.....but the press won't let this go at this moment in time....he's clearly bent the rules....maybe not quite as bad as the Scottish lassie who visited her 2nd home twice but he has bent the rules....should he go....BJ aint gonna sack his number 1 advisor....the bloke that won him the referendum and the GE....he will probably resign in a few days if the press persist....take a months holiday then return via the tradesmans entrance and slip back into his old job.....am I bothered.....nope....because I was never confused by all the messages coming out of Downing street.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not as bad as Professor Pantsdown.

  • Haha 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

 'How is Boris doing so far', well up till now he's managed to convince everyone he's a nice playful populist, a cuddly toy.

Now we are all starting to see the real Alexander Boris de Pfeffle Johnson, a scheming, egotist with no concern for anyone but himself and his mates.

Not a good look, supporting a man who was involved in making the rules for the country and then ignores them.

Seems like the right wing are having a bit of a bad time, Bolsonaro has the skids under him, Netanyahu in court on corruption charges, Boris about to find out that lying does have  consequences, Modi with a country that is not functioning without its 'slave' labourers.

I'm surprised the no one has come up with a picture from a street camera yet of caring dad Dominic out and about in Durham or Barnard Castle, I'm sure one will turn up soon

 

what....like those pictures of the distressed father in the London hospital approaching BJ during the GE.....or those pics of.....urrrrr whats his name.....cant remember off the top of my head....the bloke that used to run the Labour party.....anyway.....those pics of him sitting on the floor in the packed (half empty) train carriage a few years back because he could not find a seat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kungfustu said:

yes everyone was so confused by the messages coming out of Downing street yet now its all crystal clear......

My view is we need to lose the hysteria....its nothing short of laughable tbh.....but the press won't let this go at this moment in time....he's clearly bent the rules....maybe not quite as bad as the Scottish lassie who visited her 2nd home twice but he has bent the rules....should he go....BJ aint gonna sack his number 1 advisor....the bloke that won him the referendum and the GE....he will probably resign in a few days if the press persist....take a months holiday then return via the tradesmans entrance and slip back into his old job.....am I bothered.....nope....because I was never confused by all the messages coming out of Downing street.

 

Well yes  -  Boris make it very clear to EVERYONE and that means everyone I would have thought including the Scottish lassie and Cummings.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Scots make their own decisions on how to deal with this virus and what actions to take.....BJ does not dictate to them.....they chose to ignore BJ's recent relaxing of the lockdown rules and are relaxing their own rules in the coming days......the message from BJ was crystal clear.....I never had a problem with it.....I had sympathy with the scottish girl but she made the right decision.....Cummings in my view is not as serious a violation but he should probably resign just for the sake of integrity if nothing else.....but he'll be back in a few weeks/months.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×