register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

How is Boris Doing So Far?

10 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Sajid had to go eventually because he realised that there was no room for anyone who was not going to do what they were told, this will be the undoing of Boris because he has surrounded himself with sycophants and that is always what dictators do and is always their undoing, Boris is lazy in his thinking, he has got away with bluster for years.

Cumming's has latched onto a Tory production line of fools who have been easily manipulated, Boris is simply the last of a long line of gullible puppets.

Sajid is the first of a number who are going to realise that riding a tiger is a risky business.

Unless you are a company owner , which very few are, we all have bosses and ultimately have to do what we are told.

• Sad 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

15 hours ago, Toots said:

This isn't about Boris but I just thought Sajid Javid made a first class resignation speech.  👍

Without wishing to sing his praises too highly, he was probably the standout candidate in the leadership election last year.

For someone who was such a senior cabinet member up until last week, it's quite telling for him to state that what PM Cummings is trying to engineer is NOT in the Country's interests. I'm surprised more hasn't been made of that (well, not really considering how weak our press is).

• Like 2

ANOTHER BREXIT NEGOTIATING VICTORY

The Government has just published the terms of reference on the UK-EU future relationship negotiations. Journalists’ attention was initially drawn to the new timetable detailing how phase one will play out.  11 different teams on both sides, carrying out 11 different simultaneous negotiations.

Screenshot-2020-02-28-at-15.45.02.png?re

One further detail took a while to emerge: not only are Brexit negotiations to take place in Britain for the first time, the negotiations will take place in English. Interpretation to and from French will have to be paid for by those who need it..

https://order-order.com/2020/02/28/another-brexit-negotiating-victory/

The Government has just published the terms of reference on the UK-EU future relationship negotiations. Journalists’ attention was initially drawn to the new timetable detailing how phase one will play out.  11 different teams on both sides, carrying out 11 different simultaneous negotiations.

Screenshot-2020-02-28-at-15.45.02.png?resize=2312,1632%26ssl=1&key=2c5156302c41569e5621d4b81055bc87edf94ec7cd76f8ed24465a4a8db5b908

One further detail took a while to emerge: not only are Brexit negotiations to take place in Britain for the first time, the negotiations will take place in English. Interpretation to and from French will have to be paid for by those who need it..

Brexit ‘victory’?

https://media0.giphy.com/media/YcNxjUXwUdLig/giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51ac7f543c7fb00dacb40a025c5d3ea0a0ffb473123&rid=giphy.gif
  • Confused 1

I presume this is another brexit victory? 🤣

• Brexit is on course to cost the UK more than its combined total of payments to the European Union budget over the past 47 years, Bloomberg Economics found.
  • Bloomberg said the cost of the UK’s vote to leave the EU had already reached £130 billion.
  • A further £70 billion is likely to be added by the end of 2020, the economist Dan Hanson found.
  • Business confidence and investment in the UK has dipped significantly since the 2016 vote.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/brexit-will-cost-uk-more-than-total-payments-to-eu-2020-1?r=US&IR=T

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, unzippy said:

Let's be honest. It wasn't brexit that was the problem, it was the push back from remoaners and their EU allies. The resistance from the establishment at every level was what caused it to be such an expensive endeavour.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Boris is going to be a daddy! Just seen there’s going to be a new baby at No 10, due early summer. 

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 2

51 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

Boris is going to be a daddy! Just seen there’s going to be a new baby at No 10, due early summer. 

Great news

Edited by simmo
  • Congratulations 1

4 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

Is he divorced yet?

Is he married yet.

Ah well 

Wonderful example for the lower classes, eh.

Posted (edited)

Congrats buddy, are you going to get divorced before or after your kid is born?

Edit: ah he did less than 2 weeks ago. Classy bloke 😊

Edited by FOL
  • Sad 3

Lived in Perth for 18 months. Pingponging back in Juli '15!

On 29/02/2020 at 14:59, simmo said:

Let's be honest. It wasn't brexit that was the problem, it was the push back from remoaners and their EU allies. The resistance from the establishment at every level was what caused it to be such an expensive endeavour.

Wonder what the excuse will be going forward.

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

1 hour ago, FOL said:

Congrats buddy, are you going to get divorced before or after your kid is born?

Edit: ah he did less than 2 weeks ago. Classy bloke 😊

Welcome to the 21st century

• Like 1

On 28/02/2020 at 17:49, simmo said:

Screenshot-2020-02-28-at-15.45.02.png?re

I'm still waiting for the EU's "whip hand"........zZzzZzzZZzZZzzzzzzZzz......🤫

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Apparently a question from Boris’ press briefing on Monday.

🤣

Edited by unzippy
  • Haha 1

Boris back to work on Monday 👍

I wonder if Dominic Raab was secretly hoping he would die.

• Sad 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

Just now, Parley said:

I wonder if Dominic Raab was secretly hoping he would die.

I think Dominic raab dogged a bullet when he lost the leadership contest. 

Looks like a dear in headlights. Aged a few years over the past weeks.

• Like 1

PA announce:

Boris Johnson and Carrie Symonds have announced the birth of a “healthy baby boy at a London hospital earlier this morning”. Both mother and baby are doing very well, their spokesman said

• Like 2

Does that make it 6 kids now?  Does anyone know, does Boris know?

33 minutes ago, unzippy said:

Does that make it 6 kids now?  Does anyone know, does Boris know?

What point are you trying to make ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rallyman said:

What point are you trying to make ? 

I think for someone that holds such a responsible job (such as the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and Leader of the Conservative Party) it is pretty irresponsible and a poor example to set, not knowing how many children you have.

Or do you disagree?

• Sad 1

Some of the spiteful, hateful comments on twitter (and elsewhere) are shameful.  All from the same ilk.  Makes me even more confident that I chose the right side.

51 minutes ago, unzippy said:

I think for someone that holds such a responsible job (such as the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and Leader of the Conservative Party) it is pretty irresponsible and a poor example to set, not knowing how many children you have.

Or do you disagree?

Not knowing BJ personally , but I would be quite confident that he knows exactly how many children he has , contrary to what you may think. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rallyman said:

Not knowing BJ personally , but I would be quite confident that he knows exactly how many children he has , contrary to what you may think. 

So you don't know either?

I wonder what the big secret is?