register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

How is Boris Doing So Far?

3 hours ago, ssiri said:

By that I presume you mean don’t own a tv or iPad type device? Last I was there you have those devices you get a letter from be tv license guys. So is there some opt out option now, even if you have a telly/devices?

They have to prove you watch live tv 

Search Results

Featured snippet from the web

If you watch or record shows as they'rebeing shown on telly in the UK ('live TV'), you need to be covered by a TV licenceYou also need one if you use BBC iPlayer – see below. ... However, you do not need a TV licence if youonly watch content after it's been shown on television – UNLESS it's on iPlayer.Feb 4, 2020

On 27/06/2019 at 09:56, Gbye grey sky said:

MEGA = Make Europe Great Again from 1 November.

😀😀😀😀 make europe skint again more like 

Or make europe shite again😀

• Like 1

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

On 16/02/2020 at 09:33, simmo said:

Ok

Or in backtodemocracy s case , his mep 

Who ever that is 

It's irrelevant now ,we are leaving , and it looks like a clean break , hard brexit 

The best outcome 

• Like 1

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

10 hours ago, unzippy said:

You do know it's not compulsory right?

You don't have to pay it if you don't use the service.

Of course I know but I do use the service.  If I want to watch something I want to be able to. For the sake of £12 a month I couldn’t be bothered to avoid it or try and prove I’ve never used it. I just assumed from what parley put that something had happened and it may be scrapped that’s all.  

Edited by Tulip1
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

Of course I know but I do use the service.  If I want to watch something I want to be able to. For the sake of £12 a month I couldn’t be bothered to avoid it or try and prove I’ve never used it. I just assumed from what parley put that something had happened and it may be scrapped that’s all.  

Maybe it's been scrapped in Parleyland already?  

• Haha 1

@Parley, where did you see it’s being scrapped?

Edited by Tulip1

And if it is scrapped what will happen - will it be subscription, will they run adverts? 

Can't see this how this new rule is going to be beneficial for the NHS.  And all this must be put into the context of the growing vacancy rates in the NHS - one in 12 jobs is unfilled in England...

86728922_1072184593164162_5507979043800088576_o.jpg

Can't see this how this new rule is going to be beneficial for the NHS.  And all this must be put into the context of the growing vacancy rates in the NHS - one in 12 jobs is unfilled in England...
86728922_1072184593164162_5507979043800088576_o.thumb.jpg.5ee4a6e3facfa35619cf3b50ff4feb3f.jpg

How would she know? She’s a doctor from Oxford. You know what I mean? Not like she’s qualified in (anti) immigration policy or anything. She’d be too credible for words.

No wonder they want to come and live over here on those wages. Exploitation.

After all, why should we pay to train people, much easier/cheaper to get someone else to pay for it, I'm sure the people who have paid to train them, won't mind a bit if we poach all their staff.

Edited by amibovered
punctuation
  • Like 1

Jeremy Corbyn on the EU  " A European bureaucracy totally unaccountable to anybody"

32 minutes ago, amibovered said:

After all, why should we pay to train people, much easier/cheaper to get someone else to pay for it, I'm sure the people who have paid to train them, won't mind a bit if we poach all their staff.

And Boris and Priti design an immigration system to suit  their supporters.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/20/uk-visa-fees-deter-nhs-staff-scientists

Boris is doing soooooooo well, ignoring the floods, employing racist eugenists, employing Huwei, approving another vanity project, daydreaming about another bridge to nowhere, appointing a hotshot lawyer as Attorney General,  only problem is no one can find any big cases she's been central to.

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/politics/the-alarming-record-of-the-new-attorney-general-suella-braverman-courts-law-judicial-review-constitution-commission

And 'everyone loves Boris.'

On 20/02/2020 at 01:16, unzippy said:

86728922_1072184593164162_5507979043800088576_o.jpg

Boris thinks £80k is an average wage, he said as much when he was up against Hunt in the leadership campaign.

• Like 1

And Boris and Priti design an immigration system to suit  their supporters.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/20/uk-visa-fees-deter-nhs-staff-scientists
Boris is doing soooooooo well, ignoring the floods, employing racist eugenists, employing Huwei, approving another vanity project, daydreaming about another bridge to nowhere, appointing a hotshot lawyer as Attorney General,  only problem is no one can find any big cases she's been central to.
https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/politics/the-alarming-record-of-the-new-attorney-general-suella-braverman-courts-law-judicial-review-constitution-commission
And 'everyone loves Boris.'

Ah yes Priti. who doesn’t know the difference between terrorism and counter terrorism. Yet has revealed measures to get rid of those counter terror ‘offenders’.

The Priti who would undoubtedly put members of her family back on the boat, to where they came from just so that she can ‘get ahead’.

The ideal, pliable yes woman - complete with a heady combination of ambition and stupidity. Just the thing for PM Cummings and his side-kick Johnson.
  • Like 2

On 21/2/2020 at 22:19, ssiri said:

Ah yes Priti. who doesn’t know the difference between terrorism and counter terrorism. Yet has revealed measures to get rid of those counter terror ‘offenders’.

The Priti who would undoubtedly put members of her family back on the boat, to where they came from just so that she can ‘get ahead’.

The ideal, pliable yes woman - complete with a heady combination of ambition and stupidity. Just the thing for PM Cummings and his side-kick Johnson.

Just reading Ian Kershaw on how the decisions that led up to the eventual defeat of the Axis powers in the second world war were made, he looks at Germany and the decision to invade Russia, Japan and the decision to wage war, Italy's decision to join Germany in war and then their stupidity in invading Greece and the universal failing that ran thro all of these administrations, dictators fixated in their own beliefs surrounded by sycophantic voices with all opposing voices banished and neutered.  

His chapter on American isolationism and how Roosevelt was such a captive of isolationists fixated on rebuilding America and how an early declaration by the US of support for the UK would have been the deal breaker in all the decisions by the Axis powers in 40/41.

Compare all of those fateful decisions being made against the decision making in the UK where Churchill had to fight a battle of thought thro ideas to convince waverers that the only possible option was to fight on when all around him were calls for negotiations, Churchill was confronted and had to win his argument against opposition. 

And here we are seeing Boris falling foul at the very first hurdle of being in power and surrounding himself with acolytes and sycophants and facing an opposition demolished by a nationalist media and intent upon silencing the last vestiges of opposition, the BBC and the Law Courts..

"How is Boris doing" he is doing very well at establishing a dictatorship which will repeat all the mistakes beloved by all dictators, vanity projects, yes people, nationalistic fervour, populism and personal adulation

Where to now Britain?

Just reading Ian Kershaw on how the decisions that led up to the eventual defeat of the Axis powers in the second world war were made, he looks at Germany and the decision to invade Russia, Japan and the decision to wage war, Italy's decision to join Germany in war and then their stupidity in invading Greece and the universal failing that ran thro all of these administrations, dictators fixated in their own beliefs surrounded by sycophantic voices with all opposing voices banished and neutered.  
His chapter on American isolationism and how Roosevelt was such a captive of isolationists fixated on rebuilding America and how an early declaration by the US of support for the UK would have been the deal breaker in all the decisions by the Axis powers in 40/41.
Compare all of those fateful decisions being made against the decision making in the UK where Churchill had to fight a battle of thought thro ideas to convince waverers that the only possible option was to fight on when all around him were calls for negotiations, Churchill was confronted and had to win his argument against opposition. 
And here we are seeing Boris falling foul at the very first hurdle of being in power and surrounding himself with acolytes and sycophants and facing an opposition demolished by a nationalist media and intent upon silencing the last vestiges of opposition, the BBC and the Law Courts..
 "How is Boris doing" he is doing very well at establishing a dictatorship which will repeat all the mistakes beloved by all dictators, vanity projects, yes people, nationalistic fervour, populism and personal adulation
Where to now Britain?

No longer to be part of be EU, so we can shoot ourselves in both feet and the head, with gay abandon.

As is oft said. We get the leaders, Government we deserve.

However based on the rant of the aggrieved DM reader on QT last week, based on the audiences sang-froid reaction to her call to arms tirade and favour with which the rebuttal was received (in what was a heavy Brexit area) indicates two things:

1) Brits don’t tolerate DM bigots, even in Brexit voting areas

2) There is evidence that most people (even amongst the Brexiteers), don’t agree with the current regime and will stand up to the Cummings premiership and it’s inanities.

3) Priti will be relegated in history to a footnote, if that - as will the Cummings Premiership.

it feels turbulent now, but sanity will prevail.

• Haha 2

On 21/02/2020 at 22:19, ssiri said:

Luckily for all of us, it seems MI5 keep their info. to themselves and don't bother updating the halfwit.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ssiri said:

No longer to be part of be EU, so we can shoot ourselves in both feet and the head, with gay abandon.

As is oft said. We get the leaders, Government we deserve.

However based on the rant of the aggrieved DM reader on QT last week, based on the audiences sang-froid reaction to her call to arms tirade and favour with which the rebuttal was received (in what was a heavy Brexit area) indicates two things:

1) Brits don’t tolerate DM bigots, even in Brexit voting areas

2) There is evidence that most people (even amongst the Brexiteers), don’t agree with the current regime and will stand up to the Cummings premiership and it’s inanities.

3) Priti will be relegated in history to a footnote, if that - as will the Cummings Premiership.

it feels turbulent now, but sanity will prevail.

I, unfortunately, have less faith in a country which has been subjected to 4 years of propaganda

The whole shape of the country is going to be irrevocable changed by these extremists.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I, unfortunately, have less faith in a country which has been subjected to 4 years of propaganda
The whole shape of the country is going to be irrevocable changed by these extremists.

Thsts you.

Whats surprising me is that no one has been a long for over 2 whole days to tell us all how great Boris is and how amazingly he is doing.

Surely it cannot be that he hasn’t done anything ‘great’ for Brexit Britain in the last two days?

Its even quieter on the Brexit thread!
  • Like 1

This isn't about Boris but I just thought Sajid Javid made a first class resignation speech.  👍

• Like 2

This isn't about Boris but I just thought Sajid Javid made a first class resignation speech.  

I’d tend to agree.

4 hours ago, Toots said:

This isn't about Boris but I just thought Sajid Javid made a first class resignation speech.  👍

Sajid had to go eventually because he realised that there was no room for anyone who was not going to do what they were told, this will be the undoing of Boris because he has surrounded himself with sycophants and that is always what dictators do and is always their undoing, Boris is lazy in his thinking, he has got away with bluster for years.

Cumming's has latched onto a Tory production line of fools who have been easily manipulated, Boris is simply the last of a long line of gullible puppets.

Sajid is the first of a number who are going to realise that riding a tiger is a risky business.

Edited by BacktoDemocracy
  • Like 1