register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

How is Boris Doing So Far?

15 hours ago, newjez said:

How do you know her constituents wanted no deal Brexit?

I was surprised she went back to the cabinet though. Didn't seem to be her cup of tea.

I googled her constituency and the share of Brexit voters.

Quite simple really.

I honestly didn't think Boris would be so stupid.

May had an election she didn't need to have.

Boris didn't call an election he needed until it was too late.

Maybe it is just bluster with no real confidence?

Either way, may and Johnson have both screwed up majorly.

Can he repair it from here? 

• Like 1

On 23/06/2019 at 16:08, simmo said:

Just parking this here for when BoJo makes Britain great again.

"Boris Johnson has lost 5 of his first 5 commons votes, the first PM in history to do so. He takes the title away from previous record holder Boris Johnson, who lost 4 of his first 4."

• Like 1

13 hours ago, newjez said:

I honestly didn't think Boris would be so stupid.

May had an election she didn't need to have.

Boris didn't call an election he needed until it was too late.

Maybe it is just bluster with no real confidence?

Either way, may and Johnson have both screwed up majorly.

Can he repair it from here? 

BJ thinks bluster, threats and lies are all that is needed, and  like so many in that category when they are out manoeuvred they double down on the attributes that fcuked them in the first place.

Neither he nor Cummings saw the dissatisfaction in the party or if they did they dismissed it as too weak to bother with, the Libs must be peeing themselves with laughter.

10 hours ago, newjez said:

Has there ever been a PM that has never won a vote? Not exactly Churchillian, but he will go down in history.

When he wins the election I don’t think he will care do you?

I want it all, and I want it now.

1 hour ago, Parley said:

When he wins the election I don’t think he will care do you?

You're not here parley. You can't see.

He's been made to look a fool.

I really think farage would have more chance.

Edited by newjez

On 23/06/2019 at 16:08, simmo said:

Just parking this here for when BoJo makes Britain great again.

You might want to move this into another space mate, it can't get much worse for your judgement, even with your record !

In a summary of their findings, the Court of Session judges said they were unanimous in their belief that Mr Johnson was motivated by the "improper purpose of stymying Parliament".

They added: "The Court will accordingly make an Order declaring that the prime minister's advice to HM the Queen and the prorogation which followed thereon was unlawful and is thus null and of no effect."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-49661855

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, newjez said:

Has there ever been a PM that has never won a vote? Not exactly Churchillian, but he will go down in history.

And now the Scottish courts have ruled his closure of parliament is illegal, full house!

The Lord President, Lord Carloway, decided that although advice to HM the Queen on the exercise of the royal prerogative of prorogating Parliament was not reviewable on the normal grounds of judicial review, it would nevertheless be unlawful if its purpose was to stymie parliamentary scrutiny of the executive, which was a central pillar of the good governance principle enshrined in the constitution; this followed from the principles of democracy and the rule of law. The circumstances in which the advice was proffered and the content of the documents produced by the respondent demonstrated that this was the true reason for the prorogation.

Lord Brodie considered that whereas when the petition was raised the question was unlikely to have been justiciable, the particular prorogation that had occurred, as a tactic to frustrate Parliament, could legitimately be established as unlawful. This was an egregious case of a clear failure to comply with generally accepted standards of behaviour of public authorities. It was to be inferred that the principal reasons for the prorogation were to prevent or impede Parliament holding the executive to account and legislating with regard to Brexit, and to allow the executive to pursue a policy of a no deal Brexit without further Parliamentary interference.

Lord Drummond Young determined that the courts have jurisdiction to decide whether any power, under the prerogative or otherwise, has been legally exercised. It was incumbent on the UK Government to show a valid reason for the prorogation, having regard to the fundamental constitutional importance of parliamentary scrutiny of executive action.  The circumstances, particularly the length of the prorogation, showed that the purpose was to prevent such scrutiny. The documents provided showed no other explanation for this.  The only inference that could be drawn was that the UK Government and the Prime Minister wished to restrict Parliament.

16 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

And now the Scottish courts have ruled his closure of parliament is illegal, full house!

They have had 3 years to get it sorted and you think by not being there for 5 extra Days is suddenly going to get it all done and dusted , I will half half of what your drinking 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rallyman said:

They have had 3 years to get it sorted and you think by not being there for 5 extra Days is suddenly going to get it all done and dusted , I will half half of what your drinking 😂😂😂😂😂😂

That was the government.

What will happen is, 

No confidence motion.

Brexit extension

New brexit agreement with borders around Ireland.

Ratified by the EU

New referendum on new agreement or no brexit.

Brexit or no brexit

New election

Not necessarily in that order.

The extra days shouldn't be needed, unless Boris tries to break the law.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, newjez said:

That was the government.

What will happen is, 

No confidence motion.

Brexit extension

New brexit agreement with borders around Ireland.

Ratified by the EU

New referendum on new agreement or no brexit.

Brexit or no brexit

New election

Not necessarily in that order.

The extra days shouldn't be needed, unless Boris tries to break the law.

He can always take it the the European courts for appeal as they are above uk courts 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, newjez said:

You really don't understand how any of this works do you?

I was extracting urine , please pay attention at the back 😂

• Like 1

On 11/09/2019 at 13:19, Slean Wolfhead said:

meanwhile in Belfast.

Edited by simmo

Stood there, stood in front of the press.

Cameras clicking.

Microphones pointing at him.

“Well actually, there’s no press here”

Amazing!

• Like 1

Thomas Cook becomes insolvent. Boris - ‘f*ck business’ - wasn’t that what he said a few months ago?

16 minutes ago, ssiri said:

Thomas Cook becomes insolvent. Boris - ‘f*ck business’ - wasn’t that what he said a few months ago?

Governments should not waste tax payers money propping up failed business models.

It happens in the car business a bit but only because the breadth of manufacturing jobs is so great. But if you are a business owner you shouldn't expect the government to bail you out if your business is failing.

Or do you think they should ?

Edited by Parley

I want it all, and I want it now.