You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

How is Boris Doing So Far?

Just parking this here for when BoJo makes Britain great again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Congratulations 1

The topic is fine and no better/worse than other threads started in CTF.    If Boris becomes PM then it'll no doubt get traffic, if it doesn't then it'll probably fade into obscurity.

• Like 1

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

1 minute ago, ali said:

The topic is fine and no better/worse than other threads started in CTF.    If Boris becomes PM then it'll no doubt get traffic, if it doesn't then it'll probably fade into obscurity.

Cool.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, simmo said:

Just parking this here for when BoJo makes Britain great again.

he has more chance than anyone else to be fair, he was the best ever London mayor and served for 9 years, much better than the racist idiot we have got in now.

• Like 1

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

3 minutes ago, Perthbum said:

much better than the racist idiot we have got in now.

Got a source for that or is it just your opinion?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Slean Wolfhead said:

reported for trolling

8 minutes ago, Slean Wolfhead said:

Cool.

No problem, lets hold it all over till the Tory members have their say and Nov 1st dawns.

It really doesn't matter which of the plonkers gets to be PM, they've blown it, there is no way out of this.

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Perthbum said:

he has more chance than anyone else to be fair, he was the best ever London mayor and served for 9 years, much better than the racist idiot we have got in now.

I have met his PA (when he was London Mayor) and she said he was very popular and a great team builder.

Personally I think he has blown it.

I'm glad I put aside money for my patio, because I think the chances of Boris's brexit bonus paying for it is diminishing rapidly.

All he had to do was say he fell asleep and split wine on his girlfriend's favourite sofa? Laugh it off. Christ, how hard could that be?

But no, he hides it and makes it something by doing so.

So, I think we will get Hunt. And that means we will never get brexit. I can see the EU attaching conditions to the next extension. GE or second referendum. They would be mad if they didn't.

I can see you losing brexit. All because you couldn't accept Theresa May's deal.

Well more fool the people who voted against it. You've been played like a fiddle by the EU.

• Haha 1

He's got to get the vote hasn't he? He's the only one likely to deliver, even if it's a no deal.

32 minutes ago, newjez said:

All he had to do was say he fell asleep and split wine on his girlfriend's favourite sofa? Laugh it off. Christ, how hard could that be?

the EU.

Something along the lines of:

“Do you have any comments on the recordings Boris?”

“She forgot the safe word”

🤣

2 hours ago, unzippy said:

Something along the lines of:

“Do you have any comments on the recordings Boris?”

“She forgot the safe word”

🤣

I don't think it was anything like that. I just think he was being his slovenly self. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, newjez said:

Personally I think he has blown it.

I'm glad I put aside money for my patio, because I think the chances of Boris's brexit bonus paying for it is diminishing rapidly.

But no, he hides it and makes it something by doing so.

So, I think we will get Hunt. And that means we will never get brexit. I can see the EU attaching conditions to the next extension. GE or second referendum. They would be mad if they didn't.

I can see you losing brexit. All because you couldn't accept Theresa May's deal.

Well more fool the people who voted against it. You've been played like a fiddle by the EU.

I cannot see the EU giving another extension, they will want to be rid  of the problem and rid of Farage's MEP'S 

I do not think they would impose conditions, it would be political suicide, much too easy for the Right to campaign on domestic meddling.

Given the lack of options for the EU it would look like they will swing behind Macron and make an example of us.

The EU will be weakened if they agree a further extension  Tusk  told us not to waste the extension given, that was not friendly advice that was a threat and no one has taken it onboard.

No one in power is taking this seriously, lets look at where we are

We have a strong right wing who for 35 years have been campaigning covertly for very right wing policies

They agitate on a populist platform for 10 of those 35 years

We have a weak govt led by weak  willed leaders sympathetic to right wing ideas

We have a referendum on a complex issue,  this it is pointed out is a very risky ploy, but still goes ahead,  Referendii are known to be anathema to democracy.

Democracy starts to unravel due to poor supervision and organisation of the referendum which allows extremism to dominate the referendum.

Three years later and democracy cannot operate due to the intransigence of the right wing which unseats the political leadership and installs a member from the right wing faction as leader.

Parliament, now weakened by tribalism is faced with 2 choices, allow the right wing to achieve its aim and leave the EU and leave a rabidly right wing govt in charge for 3 years or a vote of no confidence to force an election which will leave us with an even weaker minority govt which will be dominated by populists and nationalists.

We are F**ked, all because the Tories were obsessed with hanging onto power.

Any correlations with any period in history, the fall of the Roman empire, the fall of the Ottoman empire, the fall of the Wiemar Republic, Mussolini's rise to power. 

Edited by BacktoDemocracy

10 minutes ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

I cannot see the EU giving another extension, they will want to be rid  of the problem and rid of Farage's MEP'S 

I do not think they would impose conditions, it would be political suicide, much too easy for the Right to campaign on domestic meddling.

Given the lack of options for the EU it would look like they will swing behind Macron and make an example of us.

The EU will be weakened if they agree a further extension  Tusk  told us not to waste the extension given, that was not friendly advice that was a threat and no one has taken it onboard.

No one in power is taking this seriously, lets look at where we are

We have a strong right wing who for 35 years have been campaigning covertly for very right wing policies

They agitate on a populist platform for 10 of those 35 years

We have a weak govt led by weak  willed leaders sympathetic to right wing ideas

We have a referendum on a complex issue,  this it is pointed out is a very risky ploy, but still goes ahead,  Referendii are known to be anathema to democracy.

Democracy starts to unravel due to poor supervision and organisation of the referendum which allows extremism to dominate the referendum.

Three years later and democracy cannot operate due to the intransigence of the right wing which unseats the political leadership and installs a member from the right wing faction as leader.

Parliament, now weakened by tribalism is faced with 2 choices, allow the right wing to achieve its aim and leave the EU and leave a rabidly right wing govt in charge for 3 years or a vote of no confidence to force an election which will leave us with an even weaker minority govt which will be dominated by populists and nationalists.

We are F**ked, all because the Tories were obsessed with hanging onto power.

Any correlations with any period in history, the fall of the Roman empire, the fall of the Ottoman empire, the fall of the Wiemar Republic, Mussolini's rise to power. 

I really don't think we are the fourth Reich. You might be getting a little carried away.

1 hour ago, newjez said:

I really don't think we are the fourth Reich. You might be getting a little carried away.

I agree, it's a very British takeover, all done behind closed doors without obvious thuggery, but nonetheless just as effective. I think that s a big part of the problem, everybody who raises these concerns is dismissed as alarmist and  scaremongering , but just look at the evidence in front of your eyes, it certainly seems to me that the European leaders see the pattern and the evidence.

I would agree more with you if anybody could suggest a way out of this cul de sac without having to climb a number of walls with barbed wire and razors on top which are going to tear our guts out.

Answers on the back of a post card please to Boris Johnson,  c/o 10 Downing st

On 25/06/2019 at 19:37, simmo said:

BORIS JOHNSON has demanded Jeremy Hunt comes clean on his plans for Britain’s exit from the European Union as he ramps up the pressure on his Tory leadership rival.https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1144911/brexit-news-latest-boris-johnson-irish-border-backstop-eu-leaders-plan

That hunt is just Theresa May with male bits.

Actually, it's Boris that is showing an election style similar to Theresa May. 

• Haha 1

I don't know why the man doesn't just tell the truth and tell us there is no alternative to no deal. Because there's no alternative to no deal if he wants to leave by October. So why does he like to us? Why not just tell it as it is?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/26/boris-johnson-chances-of-no-deal-brexit-are-a-million-to-one-against

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, newjez said:

I don't know why the man doesn't just tell the truth and tell us there is no alternative to no deal. Because there's no alternative to no deal if he wants to leave by October. So why does he like to us? Why not just tell it as it is?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/26/boris-johnson-chances-of-no-deal-brexit-are-a-million-to-one-against

He cannot help himself.

”Million to one!”  Haha.  The man is a joke but if the USA can have Trump.

• Haha 1

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

On 24/6/2019 at 06:42, simmo said:

It's free speech and exercising their democratic rights, don't like it, complain to your MP!

7 hours ago, Gbye grey sky said:

He cannot help himself.

”Million to one!”  Haha.  The man is a joke but if the USA can have Trump.

As always, spot on, we are about to get our own Trump, when are we going to get the MEGA hats then, just work it for yourselves, it's easy.