870 parents temporary visa

If you look at the link I gave you  there’s a button at the top that you can toggle between Applicants and Sponsor. Slide over to sponsor . Then underneath that is a pull down menu. Select Eligibilty and all your sponsor needs are shown there.Such as your sponsor already residing there for  4 years etc.  Also if you haven’t yet applied for 143 you need to do so before Applying for the 870. The 870 does not permit you to apply for a 143 visa if you haven’t already got an application in . They can run alongside each other but 143 has to be first application 

22 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

If you look at the link I gave you  there’s a button at the top that you can toggle between Applicants and Sponsor. Slide over to sponsor . Then underneath that is a pull down menu. Select Eligibilty and all your sponsor needs are shown there.Such as your sponsor already residing there for  4 years etc.  Also if you haven’t yet applied for 143 you need to do so before Applying for the 870. The 870 does not permit you to apply for a 143 visa if you haven’t already got an application in . They can run alongside each other but 143 has to be first application 

Not quite Linda.

The problem arises applying for a 143 if an 870 visa has been granted.

Best regards.

• 1 month later...

Dear All

I am about to hit submit on my sponsorship application for 870. I am not submitting the police clearances right away considering everything's up in the air and they might not even process any 870s this year and police clearances last only a year 🙄

Is this OK? Can I submit the police clearance once asked for by the case officer?

7 hours ago, Arti said:

Dear All

I am about to hit submit on my sponsorship application for 870. I am not submitting the police clearances right away considering everything's up in the air and they might not even process any 870s this year and police clearances last only a year 🙄

Is this OK? Can I submit the police clearance once asked for by the case officer?

Yes. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Arti said:

Dear All

Our last 870 sponsorship approval last month took 7 days from lodgment to approval - and that was over the Easter weekend - so be prepared for a quick request for police clearances!

As an aside the sponsorship application included a request for the visa applicant to apply for the 870 visa onshore as she's here on a visitor visa - "normally" 870 visa applicants have to be offshore at the time the visa application is lodged.   That was approved as well, with a BVA granted to allow the applicant to remain in Australia while awaiting visa grant.

Best regards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 30/05/2020 at 11:28, Alan Collett said:

Our last 870 sponsorship approval last month took 7 days from lodgment to approval - and that was over the Easter weekend - so be prepared for a quick request for police clearances!

As an aside the sponsorship application included a request for the visa applicant to apply for the 870 visa onshore as she's here on a visitor visa - "normally" 870 visa applicants have to be offshore at the time the visa application is lodged.   That was approved as well, with a BVA granted to allow the applicant to remain in Australia while awaiting visa grant.

Best regards.

You were so right - got requested for additional info a day after I submitted my application! 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/06/2020 at 18:23, Arti said:

You were so right - got requested for additional info a day after I submitted my application! 

Hi ..just wondering..is Australia post s international police check accepted by immigration ( India country)

On 21/06/2020 at 07:55, Jeet85 said:

Hi ..just wondering..is Australia post s international police check accepted by immigration ( India country)

I don't think so - the PCC needs to be issued by the country itself. If you are an Australian citizen in need of Indian police clearance - you need to lodge it via FRRO - it's an online procedure. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/05/2020 at 15:58, Alan Collett said:

Best regards.

Can get bva after lodge sponsor application.my mother is in onshore.

Just now, Jeet85 said:

Can get bva after lodge sponsor application.my mother is in onshore.

Sorry - is that a question or a statement?

There's no BV after the request for sponsor approval is submitted.   A BV should be available after the visa application has been lodged, if approval is given for an onshore application.

Best regards.

2 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

Sorry - is that a question or a statement?

There's no BV after the request for sponsor approval is submitted.   A BV should be available after the visa application has been lodged, if approval is given for an onshore application.

Best regards.

Thanks for quick reply 

On 02/06/2020 at 18:23, Arti said:

Hi arti..did you get approval of sponsorship application? In how many days did you get?

2 hours ago, Jeet85 said:

Hi arti..did you get approval of sponsorship application? In how many days did you get?

Have you lodged the sponsor application yet?

If not the practical issue as of today will be providing the sponsor's Tax Assessment Notice for 2020 when we are only 6 days after the end of the tax year.

Best regards.

5 hours ago, Jeet85 said:

Hi Jeet

No not yet, we are waiting for the overseas PCC as it's taking time with the COVID situation

7 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

If not the practical issue as of today will be providing the sponsor's Tax Assessment Notice for 2020 when we are only 6 days after the end of the tax year.

Best regards.

Yah ..I m waiting notice of tax assessment.my mother a tourist visa expiring on 25th July..fingers crossed..may get sponsorship approved and lodge visa application..I m in Australia from last 12 years..do I need Indian pcc ?  Already got au pcc.

Edited by Jeet85

11 hours ago, Jeet85 said:

Yah ..I m waiting notice of tax assessment.my mother a tourist visa expiring on 25th July..fingers crossed..may get sponsorship approved and lodge visa application..I m in Australia from last 12 years..do I need Indian pcc ?  Already got au pcc.

You'll need overseas PCC for all countries where you have resided for 12 months or more cumulatively over the last 12 months (not necessarily consecutively)

On 06/07/2020 at 22:14, Alan Collett said:

Best regards.

One question more..can apply sponsorship application with  income tax summary...upload later notice of assessment when available...I m little bit scared of refuse of application

11 hours ago, Jeet85 said:

One question more..can apply sponsorship application with  income tax summary...upload later notice of assessment when available...I m little bit scared of refuse of application

You have so many questions - please consider engaging a professional advisor.

Best regards.