870 parents temporary visa

22 minutes ago, Arti said:

Dear all

I am a newbie here.

I want to apply for the 870 visa for my parents and have the below questions -

1. For the taxation summary - if i apply for sponsorship in March 2020, I need to submit the taxation summary for the financial year ending June 2019 - is this correct?

The reason I ask is I am overseas at the moment and will be out of Australia for upto a year on an overseas salary package that will not meet the minimum salary threshold. However up until January I have been employed in Australia for 5 years meeting the salary threshold. Please advise if this still makes me eligible?

2. For the AFP police clearance certificate - they ask for a "full disclosure certificate" - is this just the standard police clearance or do I need to apply for the one where fingerprints need to be submitted to the AFP as well?

Thank you!

Hi Arti,

1. Correct. You will only need to demonstrate the Tax Return for the year ending June 2019. This is if you apply before this financial year ends - mid 2020.

2. AFP Clearance, no fingerprints. This can be done online.

Hi All,

Does anyone know what's the best way to contact your case officer?

My mother has suffered minor fracture on the foot today, her mobility is bit difficult due to the plaster. We received the request to do medicals yesterday for visa application (submit within 28 days.) To make it easier for my mother I am thinking of explaining the situation to case office and try getting little extension so she can recover from foot injury first, I am the authorized person to receive/send information on applicant's behalf 

Does anybody have any experience contacting CO? All I have is the name of CO and position number mentioned in the email/document which was sent to me, there is no contact number or email

Thanks,

FB

Hi guys,

870 sponsor approval mid Jan20,

applied parent visa 26th feb 20.

two things I want to know.

first, my parents visited Australia few times on 600 visa. So they have to provide Australia police check. If yes what documents they can provide for 100 points I’d check.

second, would they have to provide INDIAN police check as well?

please share your valuable comment.

thanks in advance 

8 hours ago, Waiting0917 said:

Hi guys,

870 sponsor approval mid Jan20,

applied parent visa 26th feb 20.

two things I want to know.

first, my parents visited Australia few times on 600 visa. So they have to provide Australia police check. If yes what documents they can provide for 100 points I’d check.

second, would they have to provide INDIAN police check as well?

please share your valuable comment.

thanks in advance 

Applicants are required to provide police clearance certificates for places they have lived for total of 12 months in last 10 years, if they lived in AU for total 12 months then yes they'll need AU certificate in addition to Indian certificate. Details about 100 points check is mentioned on the website for AU certificate

Edited by FireBlade

14 hours ago, FireBlade said:

Hi All,

My mother has suffered minor fracture on the foot today, her mobility is bit difficult due to the plaster. We received the request to do medicals yesterday for visa application (submit within 28 days.) To make it easier for my mother I am thinking of explaining the situation to case office and try getting little extension so she can recover from foot injury first, I am the authorized person to receive/send information on applicant's behalf 

Does anybody have any experience contacting CO? All I have is the name of CO and position number mentioned in the email/document which was sent to me, there is no contact number or email

Thanks,

FB

Appreciate if experienced members can help out, thanks

On 27/02/2020 at 21:22, FireBlade said:

Hi All,

Thanks,

FB

Anyone? 😞 

On 24/02/2020 at 19:17, Paulie said:

Hi Arti,

1. Correct. You will only need to demonstrate the Tax Return for the year ending June 2019. This is if you apply before this financial year ends - mid 2020.

2. AFP Clearance, no fingerprints. This can be done online.

Not the tax return - the Tax Assessment Notice which is issued when the tax return has been processed by the ATO.

Best regards.

• Thanks 1

Hi guys

I am doing some ground work for my 870 application.

Now as I understand the police clearances for both sponsors and parents need to be submitted for all countries where the cumulative length of stay has been more than 1 year in the last 10 years. I need clarification on below please -

1. If the stay has been 2 months every year, over 6 years - that is classified as cumulative stay of 1 year - is that correct?

2. At what stage of the application do the sponsors need to submit their police clearances? Is this only once the case officer asks for it?

3. At what stage do the parents need to submit their police clearances? Is this only once the case officer asks for it?

Thanks!

Edited by Arti

18 hours ago, Arti said:

Hi guys

I am doing some ground work for my 870 application.

Now as I understand the police clearances for both sponsors and parents need to be submitted for all countries where the cumulative length of stay has been more than 1 year in the last 10 years. I need clarification on below please -

1. If the stay has been 2 months every year, over 6 years - that is classified as cumulative stay of 1 year - is that correct?

2. At what stage of the application do the sponsors need to submit their police clearances? Is this only once the case officer asks for it?

3. At what stage do the parents need to submit their police clearances? Is this only once the case officer asks for it?

Thanks!

Hi Arti,

1. Yes 6 years with 2 months every year counts for 12 months i.e. a year so you would need PCC for each country where they have stayed for 12 months or more.

2. To be honest its better to provide the PCC for sponsors at the time of sponsorship application, it speeds up the process.

3. At the time of when you are applying for the applicant i.e. your parent, again it does speed up the process if you submit all documents at the time you are applying as the AFP takes around 3-4 weeks and so does the Indian PCC.

Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1

On 25/02/2020 at 09:23, Kev said:

Hi, I am new here. 

I am trying to work out how we can get approval for  our parent sponsor letter which us requirement of 870??

Can you please help me?

You would need to have an online immi account and apply online for the sponsorship of 870. More information here - https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/sponsored-parent-temporary-870

toggle between "for applicants" and "for sponsors" button to get the relevant info. 

image.thumb.png.a80cf5820036eab483add8dda99f39b9.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I think @Alan Collett already mentioned about this but for everyone who are planning to lodge a 870 long stay parent visa before applying for 143 should read the latest update in the auto  response from the parents mailbox.

My interpretation is that if you apply for 870 or have an 870 prior to applying for 143 (if thats what someone is willing to do) then you are not eligible, people who have already applied for 143 and have an acknowledgement from the dha would not be affected.

image.png.cae7680b606ad7e1cd637e62a0a107b9.png

27 minutes ago, Anks said:

Hi All,

I think @Alan Collett already mentioned about this but for everyone who are planning to lodge a 870 long stay parent visa before applying for 143 should read the latest update in the auto  response from the parents mailbox.

My interpretation is that if you apply for 870 or have an 870 prior to applying for 143 (if thats what someone is willing to do) then you are not eligible, people who have already applied for 143 and have an acknowledgement from the dha would not be affected.

image.png.cae7680b606ad7e1cd637e62a0a107b9.png

Yes, that's right - there's what is called a Schedule 1 (equals time of application) requirement whereby the holder of an 870 visa cannot apply for the other parent visas.

That doesn't stop people applying for the 870 visa and a 143 concurrently - but what you can't do is lodge the 870 application, have the 870 visa granted, and then apply for a 143.

I've written a blog on this too, at the Go Matilda Parent Visas website.

Best regards.

On 02/04/2020 at 16:09, VERYSTORMY said:

Processing of parent visas is currently suspended 

I called immi office (I am currently in Aus), and they said it was not suspended. But the average time for sponsorship application is now 4 months.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I appreciate all is up in the air at the moment, appreciate some thoughts/advice. I will be looking at applying for this visa next year, supported by daughter (has PR). Confident I meet (currently 🤓) the health and character requirements etc.
Is there a wait time for this visa??

Can I buy a house (cash) on this visa?

Also looking at 5k for 3 years or 10k for 5 years (maximum of 10 years) it seems the 3year (x3) is the most cost effective, or are there other factor I need to evaluate?? Many thanks

17 minutes ago, EmilysDad said:

Hi, I appreciate all is up in the air at the moment, appreciate some thoughts/advice. I will be looking at applying for this visa next year, supported by daughter (has PR). Confident I meet (currently 🤓) the health and character requirements etc.

Can I buy a house (cash) on this visa?

Also looking at 5k for 3 years or 10k for 5 years (maximum of 10 years) it seems the 3year (x3) is the most cost effective, or are there other factor I need to evaluate?? Many thanks

Just keep in mind that you need to leave the country for 3 months before applying for the next 870 visa and depending how long the processing is at the time, or whether they have reached the yearly limit, it will mean that you will need to have somewhere else to live outside Australia every time you renew. OK if you do, but just something to think.

13 minutes ago, VictoriaP said:

Just keep in mind that you need to leave the country for 3 months before applying for the next 870 visa and depending how long the processing is at the time, or whether they have reached the yearly limit, it will mean that you will need to have somewhere else to live outside Australia every time you renew. OK if you do, but just something to think.

Thankyou, I wasn’t aware of that... definitely something to consider...

Believe you could potentially  buy a house but you would have to pay a large sum to get permission to buy as a non -  resident And you have to pay a bigger percentage of stamp duty as well. Google FIRB - foreign investment review board for more info.  Not sure but also think it depends on whether it’s new build or not. You also have to have private health insurance and would not eligible for Medicare and need to show proof  you are able to be fully self supporting. The processing  time Before all this happened was around 4 months and your sponsor needs an income of around $84000. As has already been said you have to leave Australia for 3 months in order to apply for renewal . Have you already applied for 143 and when? . If you haven’t  already applied new applications are likely to take  8-9 years

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/sponsored-parent-temporary-870#About

3 hours ago, EmilysDad said:

Can I buy a house (cash) on this visa

Yes but you need to apply to FIRB for permission, then you will pay three times the normal stamp duty on the purchase

1 hour ago, LindaH27 said:

Believe you could potentially  buy a house but you would have to pay a large sum to get permission to buy as a non -  resident And you have to pay a bigger percentage of stamp duty as well. Google FIRB - foreign investment review board for more info.  Not sure but also think it depends on whether it’s new build or not. You also have to have private health insurance and would not eligible for Medicare and need to show proof  you are able to be fully self supporting. The processing  time Before all this happened was around 4 months and your sponsor needs an income of around $84000. As has already been said you have to leave Australia for 3 months in order to apply for renewal . Have you already applied for 143 and when? . If you haven’t  already applied new applications are likely to take  8-9 years

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/sponsored-parent-temporary-870#About

Thankyou, so much, i’ll have a look at the FIRB website.. can you advise me where the 84k figure comes from?? 🤓