Jump to content
Waiting0917

870 parents temporary visa

Recommended Posts


Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com and acollett@bdhtax.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just bumped into this article

https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/punjabi/en/article/2019/08/01/quite-joyful-reunion-indian-grandmother-among-first-recipients-new-parent-visa

Immigration Minister David Coleman says, 1300 sponsorship applications and 170 visa applications have been lodged.   

“As expected there has been strong demand for the new visa,” Mr Coleman said."

Quote from the article which baffles me is 170 visa applications have been lodged ( out of the quota of 15000) and still its adjudged as strong demand. 

 


CPV 143 Applied on 05/07/2017

Acknowledged on 16/09/2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Anks said:

Just bumped into this article

https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/punjabi/en/article/2019/08/01/quite-joyful-reunion-indian-grandmother-among-first-recipients-new-parent-visa

Immigration Minister David Coleman says, 1300 sponsorship applications and 170 visa applications have been lodged.   

“As expected there has been strong demand for the new visa,” Mr Coleman said."

Quote from the article which baffles me is 170 visa applications have been lodged ( out of the quota of 15000) and still its adjudged as strong demand. 

 

Thanks so much for posting this.

I applied for sponsorship 12 days after it opened (29th April) -  heard nothing yet. Good to hear that some approvals have actually happened and the amount of sponsorship applications are at a level which mean my Mum has a chance at being one of the 15,000 approved this year.

I spoke to Immi today to find out how long a police check lasts, as I was thinking of getting one done for my Mum in advance, so that once I'm approved (hopefully) she can apply for the 870 straight away. He told be they last 12 months, so wouldn't suggest getting one done until requested. He said as it's a new visa that they had no idea how long the processing will take  - surely it won't be over a year from now? So frustrating! (sigh)

  • Like 1

CPV 143 applied June 2017

870 Sponsorship applied 29 April - Rejected 6 Sept  - 2nd 870 Sponsorship applied 20 Sept - Approved 27 Sept

870 (5 year) applied 29 Sept - medical requested 7 Oct - medical done 14 Oct

Evidence of health insurance and 2nd VAC requested / paid - 22 Oct

870 5 year visa - Approved 28 Oct 2019 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would suggest contacting the AOS team if they take longer than 8 weeks to reply as my son called at the 10 week point only to be told that they needed more information on his whereabouts over the last 10 years. It was easily responded to but the fact was that the team had made no attempt to tell my son there was anything wrong and I wonder how long they would have left it before letting us know.

Also, with reference to the number of AOS applications vs the number of Visa applications, you cant start an application for the visa until you have an AOS  granted. Which is a shame as the amount of information required is the same as for a permanent visa! You can of course gather that info offline in advance and I would recommend doing that.

Ref the police checks/certificates, I would go ahead with them personally as although they are only valid for 12 months, the processing for this visa I'm sure wont take that long. I made the mistake of not doing them in advance and am now just waiting on receipt of them in order to complete my application!

Good luck to all.

  • Like 1

CPV 143 Acknowledged 3rd November 2016, Visitor Visa 600 (Tourist) Acknowledged 11th May 2017, Sponsorship submitted for 870 21st May Approved 29th July, Police checks submitted 6th August, Medical completed, 2nd VAC and Health Insurance evidence requested 16th Sept. 870 Visa granted 19/09/19!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Suzyq said:

I would suggest contacting the AOS team if they take longer than 8 weeks to reply as my son called at the 10 week point only to be told that they needed more information on his whereabouts over the last 10 years. It was easily responded to but the fact was that the team had made no attempt to tell my son there was anything wrong and I wonder how long they would have left it before letting us know.

Also, with reference to the number of AOS applications vs the number of Visa applications, you cant start an application for the visa until you have an AOS  granted. Which is a shame as the amount of information required is the same as for a permanent visa! You can of course gather that info offline in advance and I would recommend doing that.

Ref the police checks/certificates, I would go ahead with them personally as although they are only valid for 12 months, the processing for this visa I'm sure wont take that long. I made the mistake of not doing them in advance and am now just waiting on receipt of them in order to complete my application!

Good luck to all.

Thanks for advice Suzyq. Would you pls kindly share the contact details to query the AOS team?  


143 applied October 2019 - Acknowledgement 29 Oct 2019

870 Sponsorship applied 17 April 2019 - Rejected 6 Aug 2019

870 Sponsorship re-applied 23 Oct 2019 - Approved 20 Nov 2019

870 (5 year) applied 12 Dec 2019 - medical requested 12 Dec 2019 - medical done 26 Dec 2019

Evidence of health insurance and 2nd VAC requested - Parent (1) 29 Jan 2020, Parent (2) 21 Feb 2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't recall the previous post I got it from, but I made a note of it at the time, just in case. 1800571922.

Good luck.

  • Like 1

CPV 143 Acknowledged 3rd November 2016, Visitor Visa 600 (Tourist) Acknowledged 11th May 2017, Sponsorship submitted for 870 21st May Approved 29th July, Police checks submitted 6th August, Medical completed, 2nd VAC and Health Insurance evidence requested 16th Sept. 870 Visa granted 19/09/19!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read somewhere immigration start approving parents visa from this month..many applications has been approved yesterday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/07/2019 at 21:55, Suzyq said:

Can you confirm how you were notified of the Sponsorship approval please TinaD, unless the request for the birth certificate was for your sponsor and not yourself?

My son put his application in on 21st May, paid the fee and we've heard nothing since. I'm hoping we haven't missed the boat!

My son was emailed by Immigration....

He has now been approved...I have applied then requested to get a medical, after that was submitted then requested to get police checks ....It all takes time....hope you have had some response by now.

cheers 

tina 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, thanks TinaD. Once I had my police checks back I was able to upload as required. I then finalised my application and submitted it.

Only by chance then on nosing around on IMMI and in my IMMI account a few days later I found a message informing me I need to organise a medical. I have now done so and have an appt here in Australia on Thursday.  Hoping that once that is completed and reported back that I get my visa granted. I'll update as soon as!


CPV 143 Acknowledged 3rd November 2016, Visitor Visa 600 (Tourist) Acknowledged 11th May 2017, Sponsorship submitted for 870 21st May Approved 29th July, Police checks submitted 6th August, Medical completed, 2nd VAC and Health Insurance evidence requested 16th Sept. 870 Visa granted 19/09/19!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I'm a bit confused.... does the 870 applicant need to have a medical? I can't see this on the immi website and thought as they are not eligible for Medicare, that it wouldn't be necessary.

Also - I applied for sponsorship approval on the 29th April - still nothing, which is making me a bit worried.


CPV 143 applied June 2017

870 Sponsorship applied 29 April - Rejected 6 Sept  - 2nd 870 Sponsorship applied 20 Sept - Approved 27 Sept

870 (5 year) applied 29 Sept - medical requested 7 Oct - medical done 14 Oct

Evidence of health insurance and 2nd VAC requested / paid - 22 Oct

870 5 year visa - Approved 28 Oct 2019 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, VictoriaP said:

Sorry I'm a bit confused.... does the 870 applicant need to have a medical? I can't see this on the immi website and thought as they are not eligible for Medicare, that it wouldn't be necessary.

Also - I applied for sponsorship approval on the 29th April - still nothing, which is making me a bit worried.

I didn't know for definite that a medical was a necessity either, but it was requested.  Although I found out I needed to have one by nosing around online in my IMMI account, I actually received an email asking for further information yesterday.  Fortunate that I'd already gone ahead and booked an appt and actually had it today.  I was told to have a Medical ( eyes, ears, tummy feel, under arms, neck, mouth, pressure against limbs (push / pull against docs arms), height, weight, BP, water and blood tests) Chest X-ray and HIV test.  There was some doubt as to whether the HIV test was required for the 870 visa, but I opted to go ahead rather than prolong any response from IMMI.

Regarding your AOS application, I would get in touch with them as my son needed to provide additional information when he called to find out what the delay with his application was.  I'm not sure how much longer it would have been before they actually got around to telling him. Somewhere I read that applications should be responded to within 8 weeks and I think we had ours approved about the 10 week point after chasing it up.

Good luck, Sue


CPV 143 Acknowledged 3rd November 2016, Visitor Visa 600 (Tourist) Acknowledged 11th May 2017, Sponsorship submitted for 870 21st May Approved 29th July, Police checks submitted 6th August, Medical completed, 2nd VAC and Health Insurance evidence requested 16th Sept. 870 Visa granted 19/09/19!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been searching for some more information about this but got nothing on it. Here can someone tell me more about the 870 Parents temporary visa. I want to know the whole process of Parents Visa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/08/2019 at 17:55, Suzyq said:

I would suggest contacting the AOS team if they take longer than 8 weeks to reply as my son called at the 10 week point only to be told that they needed more information on his whereabouts over the last 10 years. It was easily responded to but the fact was that the team had made no attempt to tell my son there was anything wrong and I wonder how long they would have left it before letting us know.

Also, with reference to the number of AOS applications vs the number of Visa applications, you cant start an application for the visa until you have an AOS  granted. Which is a shame as the amount of information required is the same as for a permanent visa! You can of course gather that info offline in advance and I would recommend doing that.

Ref the police checks/certificates, I would go ahead with them personally as although they are only valid for 12 months, the processing for this visa I'm sure wont take that long. I made the mistake of not doing them in advance and am now just waiting on receipt of them in order to complete my application!

Good luck to all.

I'm confused here. Do they need an AOS in addition to the sponsorship for 870? Or it's only the AOS team taking charge in 870 sponsorship applications?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, does anyone know about the Permission to Apply in Australia option in the 870 visa or requested to get that permission during the sponsors application?

image.thumb.png.33ab68d92b2b499e08759f8733bada59.png


CPV 143 Applied on 05/07/2017

Acknowledged on 16/09/2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Hi there

yes , my son completed  the permission to apply element in the sponsorship part of the visa , we thought we had given robust reasons for me to stay in Australia so I could apply for my part of the visa. It was declined - no reason. My sons sponsorship was approved in the same letter. So disappointingly, I have had to leave Australia to apply for the visa and await processing. Does that help?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Tina, were you having any other visa at the time the permission to apply was filed and did it had any conditions on it e.g. 8503? 


CPV 143 Applied on 05/07/2017

Acknowledged on 16/09/2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Anks said:

Thanks Tina, were you having any other visa at the time the permission to apply was filed and did it had any conditions on it e.g. 8503? 

Why is condition 8503 relevant please when the visa applicant had to be offshore to lodge the subclass 870 visa application?

Best regards.


Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com and acollett@bdhtax.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just trying to understand the denial of Permission to apply and if any existing visa conditions were the reason for it. 


CPV 143 Applied on 05/07/2017

Acknowledged on 16/09/2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Anks said:

Just trying to understand the denial of Permission to apply and if any existing visa conditions were the reason for it. 

Almost certainly not the issue.

One needs to be incapacitated in some way to access permission to lodge the 870 visa application onshore.

Best regards.


Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com and acollett@bdhtax.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @Alan Collett for clarifying,

can you please also advise if it is viable to apply for 870 when one already has 600? 


CPV 143 Applied on 05/07/2017

Acknowledged on 16/09/2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Anks said:

Thanks @Alan Collett for clarifying,

can you please also advise if it is viable to apply for 870 when one already has 600? 

Hi Anks, I don't believe there's any reason not to be viable. I have done just that. I am just waiting on a decision as I have had my medical and the result should be with IMMI by now.


CPV 143 Acknowledged 3rd November 2016, Visitor Visa 600 (Tourist) Acknowledged 11th May 2017, Sponsorship submitted for 870 21st May Approved 29th July, Police checks submitted 6th August, Medical completed, 2nd VAC and Health Insurance evidence requested 16th Sept. 870 Visa granted 19/09/19!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18 August 2019 at 21:55, Shane2019 said:

I'm confused here. Do they need an AOS in addition to the sponsorship for 870? Or it's only the AOS team taking charge in 870 sponsorship applications?  

You have your answer now Shane2019? It's really all but the 143!!


CPV 143 Acknowledged 3rd November 2016, Visitor Visa 600 (Tourist) Acknowledged 11th May 2017, Sponsorship submitted for 870 21st May Approved 29th July, Police checks submitted 6th August, Medical completed, 2nd VAC and Health Insurance evidence requested 16th Sept. 870 Visa granted 19/09/19!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Suzyq said:

Hi Anks, I don't believe there's any reason not to be viable. I have done just that. I am just waiting on a decision as I have had my medical and the result should be with IMMI by now.

If you have condition on 600 visa saying no further stay does that prevent you from applying/receiving 870 visa? 


143 lodged 21 June 2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×