870 parents temporary visa

11 hours ago, Jeet85 said:

One question more..can apply sponsorship application with  income tax summary...upload later notice of assessment when available...I m little bit scared of refuse of application

If you are scared the application will be refused, then hire an agent to check it for you.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Jeet, Finally you attached Income Tax Summary  or the Income Tax Assesment from ITO.   While uploading the Sponsor Form in page Source of Income it still asks for Period Ending June 2019.,  whereas i was looking for June2020

9 hours ago, DSingh said:

Hi Jeet, Finally you attached Income Tax Summary  or the Income Tax Assesment from ITO.   While uploading the Sponsor Form in page Source of Income it still asks for Period Ending June 2019.,  whereas i was looking for June2020

I attached tax summary but same day case officer called me for ato tax assessment . I didn’t have 2020 that day . Case officer was very nice , he asked me to provide 2019 .. but in 2019 my income was less than 50 percent. He gave me 28 days to provide documents.. after 3 days when I got my 2020 ato tax assessment.. I lodged another sponsorship application with all documents.. withdraw previous application.. got approved within 3 hours.. I was in hurry as my mother s tourist visa was expiring in 2 days.. same day lodged visa application and now got bva.. my suggestion is lodge application with all documents.. 

thanks

Edited by Jeet85

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

Our overseas PCC document took forever - submitted it finally on Friday night and got the sponsorship approval Monday morning!

Now I'm faced with a dilemma with timing my application correctly. Should I apply for the 870 visa right away or wait another few months before applying? With the border restrictions in place, even once granted, my parents will not be able to travel at least till July 2021 from what I can see.

Or should I apply right away and the department will only issue the visa once border restrictions lifted?

As 870 is only classed as temporary visa I doubt they would let your parents enter until such time as the borders open. So any grant of application now would - I guess - eat into the length of time of the validity of the 870,  IF immi did in fact even grant it with it being a temporary visa! 
I think all docs such as police clearance and Medicals etc have a years validity so maybe you could apply later on? Probably best to pay for definitive answers from an  agent 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arti said:

Hi guys

Our overseas PCC document took forever - submitted it finally on Friday night and got the sponsorship approval Monday morning!

Now I'm faced with a dilemma with timing my application correctly. Should I apply for the 870 visa right away or wait another few months before applying? With the border restrictions in place, even once granted, my parents will not be able to travel at least till July 2021 from what I can see.

Or should I apply right away and the department will only issue the visa once border restrictions lifted?

Hi Arti 

In how many weeks did you get indian pcc? I applied my mother s pcc 2 week before..still under assessment..

3 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

Consider whether best to let the sponsorship lapse and to seek sponsorship approval again once you know your parents can get clearance to travel to Australia.

Best regards.

Definitely cannot allow the sponsorship to lapse! I'll apply within the next 4 months -that way the sponsorship remains valid and we are also closer to things going back to normal I guess - whenever that happens... 😕

3 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

As 870 is only classed as temporary visa I doubt they would let your parents enter until such time as the borders open. So any grant of application now would - I guess - eat into the length of time of the validity of the 870,  IF immi did in fact even grant it with it being a temporary visa! 
I think all docs such as police clearance and Medicals etc have a years validity so maybe you could apply later on? Probably best to pay for definitive answers from an  agent 

Yep that's my worry - but need to be mindful of the laws around time frames as 6 months is what I have at the very most to get my application in...

1 hour ago, Jeet85 said:

Hi Arti 

In how many weeks did you get indian pcc? I applied my mother s pcc 2 week before..still under assessment..

Ours was more complicated as it had to be done by the FRRO (since we are AU citizens) - it took us 5 weeks all up!

Edited by Arti

8 minutes ago, Arti said:

Yep that's my worry - but need to be mindful of the laws around time frames as 6 months is what I have at the very most to get my application in...

Yes I do understand that but I really don’t think the borders will be open in 6 months time. Current thinking that I’ve heard /read about is at least mid 2021. Qantas has parked all its long range planes in the Mojave desert till 2023! 

The other factor is actually getting into Australia. Only PR and Citizens - no temporary visa holders - and they’re getting bumped off flights as Australia  only allows so many people per flight to actually enter. You’re met by security forces and taken straight to quarantine which you now have to pay for - $3000 for one person.Things are definitely very strange now and the pandemic is affecting so many people lives. Unfortunately there’s not a lot anyone can do - except wait .... and wait .... and wait !! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, Aman Arora said:

Hi everyone, I am new to this group. Has anyone got their 870 offshore approved yet? I filed for 870 for my dad in May and haven’t heard anything till now.

You won’t get one issued until such time as the borders open which isn’t likely till mid 2021. It’s classed as a temporary visa and only PR and citizens are allowed in at present. Many Australians are still stranded abroad as there is a cap on the number allowed in per week and very few flights and they, quite rightly, will be the ones who are let in first.  I believe they will let you pay for it once sponsorship is approved and application granted but they won’t issue it. 

4 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

You won’t get one issued until such time as the borders open which isn’t likely till mid 2021. It’s classed as a temporary visa and only PR and citizens are allowed in at present. Many Australians are still stranded abroad as there is a cap on the number allowed in per week and very few flights and they, quite rightly, will be the ones who are let in first.  I believe they will let you pay for it once sponsorship is approved and application granted but they won’t issue it. 

Just a quick note to say some temporary visa holders are being allowed to return: the holders of visas under the Business Innovation and Investor Program - ie subclass 188 visa holders.

This was announced in the last couple of weeks.

Agreed though that subclass 870 visa applicants who are offshore are unlikely to be granted visas and permission to arrive until there are more freedoms as to arrivals in Australia.

Best regards.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alan Collett said:

Just a quick note to say some temporary visa holders are being allowed to return: the holders of visas under the Business Innovation and Investor Program - ie subclass 188 visa holders.

This was announced in the last couple of weeks.

Agreed though that subclass 870 visa applicants who are offshore are unlikely to be granted visas and permission to arrive until there are more freedoms as to arrivals in Australia.

Best regards.

Thank you for the info Alan - that’s quite interesting! 

Obviously  trying to bring money and expertise into the economy which is being devastated like so many other countries  

Being cheeky - I suppose it would be too much to ask for 143s to be allowed as well given the  amount of money they could get from us - and the money we could put into the economy buying houses etc etc 😁😁
after all I think we pay the most for our visas - as far as I’m aware! 

8 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Obviously  trying to bring money and expertise into the economy which is being devastated like so many other countries  

Being cheeky - I suppose it would be too much to ask for 143s to be allowed as well given the  amount of money they could get from us - and the money we could put into the economy buying houses etc etc 😁😁

....but remember, it’s a short term boost for a longer term net cost

33 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

....but remember, it’s a short term boost for a longer term net cost

Also don’t make the mistake of assuming that all the parents are coming from UK with money, I seem to remember that most parents come from Asia and apart from paying the visa fee which several family members might have clubbed together to pay, they won’t necessarily have much income or money.

Edited by ramot
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

143 visas are allowed in as it's a permanent visa.  It's only temporary ones like 870 that are not allowed to enter.

3 hours ago, rtritudr said:

143 visas are allowed in as it's a permanent visa.  It's only temporary ones like 870 that are not allowed to enter.

Yes I do know that - I was suggesting (tongue in cheek!) that they could grant 143s earlier than they have been if Australia was just looking for extra money - because they’re letting in temporary 188  applicants who can show $1.5 million investment ! 

870 can stay 5 years (or 3 if cheaper version) 

5488D4D4-776F-4435-8AE4-ADEC0CF1A8E1.png

Edited by LindaH27

25 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Yes I do know that - I was suggesting (tongue in cheek!) that they could grant 143s earlier than they have been if Australia was just looking for extra money - because they’re letting in temporary 188  applicants who can show $1.5 million investment ! 

Like I said, the difference is that 188 applicants are paying a hefty fee upfront, then they will be running a business while they are living in Australia - and they have a strong incentive to make it a highly successful business, because then they stand a chance of being allowed to stay.  So although it's a temp visa, a 188 applicant can ultimately make a major contribution to the Australian economy.