Recommended builder in and around Warrandyte

swc132994

Hello,

We have just purchased a house in Warrandyte. However before we take possession we want to contact a couple of builders for quoting some renovation work. No extensions at this stage more of a reconfiguring of the current plan, meaning knocking down some walls and re-purposing some rooms. Does anyone have a recommended builder I could contact?

Best regards,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

Sorry for the late response, we have been busy relocating from Brisbane to Warrandyte and only arrived the other week. We haven't done much trekking out yet except for a couple of times at rush hour. I would say it wasn't difficult to get from Warrandyte to the M3 at around 7:30 but I was heading towards Dandenong. I did see a lot of traffic on the opposite side of the road heading towards the city.

• 2 months later...

Getting in and out of Warrandyte in the morning is not bad. I work in Hallam and head along Springvale road and it isn't too bad as most people would be heading towards Melbourne. Which areas of Warrandyte are you looking at?

Property prices are somewhat high. Take a quick look on realestate.com.au and domain.com.au to see prices for property and also look at past sales to get a feel.

Warrandyte is quite a nice place, it is quite leafy and there are there are some good walks along the Yarra river. The town centre is good as it gives Warrandyte a hub which other suburb can lack so it actually feels as though you are part of a town. There is a local IGA which is decent and convenient although some things can be pricey. There are a few doctor surgeries here and other services so a lot of things are conveniently located here including schools. Public transport is ok with frequent busses to get around although three is no train station here so travelling by car is the best option. Overall we are glad we moved here.

N.B. Warrandyte is administered by Manningham council, however north Warrandyte is administered by Nilumbik council. Warrandyte is located in a bushfire overlay zone. NBN has just recently arrived in Warrandyte in the west with other areas in Warrandyte planned to be connected later this year.

Edited by swc132994

• 2 weeks later...