Visa 489 for SA

Retsi

Hi

Can anyone advise me if you had any experiance with applying for visa 489 under South Australia. Since its a TR and I would like to apply for a PR after 1 Yr living /working in regional area ie Gelong, anyone had any challenges getting your PR post the 1yr duration?

I was informed by my agent that since I intend to live in Victoria area but my points aren't sufficient for 189, I could go ahead with visa 489 but under South Australia instead. I was told by my agent that when I receive an invitation via EOI and get my visa granted, I can actually choose to stay in Geelong (as it is listed as a regional area) even though it is not in South Australia. Is this valid and anyone has experiance on this basis? 

According to my agent," technically" , visa 489 only requires you to live and work in Regional Areas regardless of which state. But of course we would advise applicants to stay in the state that sponsored them.

Would appreciate if anyone has any experiance on this approach. 

I'm no expert but what your agent is suggesting could get your visa refused in the first instance or cancelled if you get it granted.

To be nominated by a state is to commit to living in that state. You would have to lie in your state application to SA as part of your statement as to why they should sponsor you.

Also, for the 489, you need 2 years living in the regional area, not 1. It's 1 year of work completed but you can't apply for 887 until you've completed 2 years in the state.

Happy for anyone to improve upon my response though.

Hi Jonand

Thanks a lot for the response. My concern as well regarding applying for 489 SA state but living and working in Gelong area. "Technically, visa 489 only requires you to live and work in Regional Areas regardless of which state." 

So, am not sure of any consequences of it. 

5 hours ago, Retsi said:

Hi Jonand

Thanks a lot for the response. My concern as well regarding applying for 489 SA state but living and working in Gelong area. "Technically, visa 489 only requires you to live and work in Regional Areas regardless of which state." 

Your agent is probably referring to new regional visas? The new ones allow you to stay in any regional area not sure but think they come in to play somwhere in September/October. However, there's no chance to get PR after just one year. Can you try 190 instead? 

7 hours ago, Retsi said:

Hi Jonand

Yes, you're absolutely right about the visa terms being for any regional area.

However the State that sponsors you will have their own terms that you have to fulfill. If you apply for SA sponsorship, they would only accept you if they believed you planned to live in SA and contribute to the SA economy. If you said you were planning on moving to Geelong, they simply wouldn't sponsor you so you wouldn't be able to apply for the visa.

However, if you lied on the application and claimed to want to live in SA but then moved to Geelong after the visa grant, the Aus government could cancel your visa and you'd be heading home. You might get lucky, but they have every right to do that.

Hello guys,

M a new member here.

if few expert could shed some lights on my quires:

M an aspirant to migrate to SA with high points

by September i ll have 80 points( including 10 points from state)

m trying either with Finance Manager/Accountant skill list

M i eligible and whats my chances

Hope to read some expert command soon

Many Thanks

Hi All

Thanks for reverting. I'm going down to meet my agent again to discuss on the 'risk factors' before submitting the EOI for 489 SA and if I should wait to increase my IELTS and go ahead for 189/190 in Aug timescale since at the moment my scores are only good enough for 489 and I would prefer to live in Vic even though its at 'designated area' ie Gelong. 

Thanks.