shipping companies

Dennyboy

It's difficult because how good they are depends, to a large extent, on how good their local staff are.  Chess Removals used to be excellent in Sydney until their two best managers left, then they were awful for a while.  I hear they have improved again - but that's in Sydney, so I have no idea what they're like elsewhere.

If you don't have enough to fill a container, consider the Movecube, which is offered by Seven Seas Worldwide.   It's a huge wooden box, basically, which you pack yourself then seal up, so it's more secure than a "part container".  There are three different sizes available.   There are several companies in Australia offering a similar service now, but Seven Seas is the only one that does international moves.

Edited by Marisawright

• 4 weeks later...

I know this topic is a month old, but we are in the process of using Conroy. They use Anglo Pacific in the UK. Conroy team were in and out of our three bed house, packing a full 20ft container in around five hours. Very reasonably priced and we got a good feeling. We are tracking the ship which is in Singapore now, so well on target for their 9 week delivery date.

We used that combo (Anglo Pacific/Conroy) in the opposite direction 4 years ago. Very pleased both ends.

We were quoted by Chess and Pickfords several weeks ago. Chess were expensive, and Pickfords came in around the same as Conroy.

Good luck.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...