AAT appeal for 186 nomination refusal

Hi guys,

I hope you are all well, I am starting this topic to see who else is in the same situation waiting for a decision from the AAT regarding nomination refusal for a 186 TRT application.

I applied for a 186 TRT as "Architectural Draftsperson" in July 2017, the nomination was refused on December 2017 for "Financial Viability" of the business.

We lodged a double appeal (nomination and visa) to the AAT and currently still waiting for the case to be assigned. 

Anyone waiting for the same reason?

1 hour ago, Raul Senise said:

There will be many in the same situation. The Department went through a phase 18 to 24 moths ago, were they were refusing many application for this reason, without requesting further documents. 

Hi Raul,

thanks for your reply Raul.

I am aware of that but is it fair?

Why advertise on the website that if we require additional information we will contact you?

In my case for example we had a really good cooperative collaboration from the immigration during the sponsorship applicatiom back in 2015.

By having that my employer and myself were pretty confident that if they needed more documents they would have ask but they did not.

I mean they point is, we thought they were working to help us but obviously is not the case, isn't?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Same situation here,

Applied for 186 Visa on October 2016, got refused for insufficient supporting document for the Nomination application without any request for additional documents. applied for AAT and had my  AAT hearing on 12 March 2019 and they approved my application one week after.

The nomination grant notification came one week after AAT approval but i did not hear anything from immigration office until 4 May 2019 asking for Federal Police and Health examination again because they were expired. i lodged them all on the 23rd of May and until today i am still waiting for my PR.

3 minutes ago, pjmagneto said:

Hi

Same situation here,

Applied for 186 Visa on October 2016, got refused for insufficient supporting document for the Nomination application without any request for additional documents. applied for AAT and had my  AAT hearing on 12 March 2019 and they approved my application one week after.

The nomination grant notification came one week after AAT approval but i did not hear anything from immigration office until 4 May 2019 asking for Federal Police and Health examination again because they were expired. i lodged them all on the 23rd of May and until today i am still waiting for my PR.

Good news for you, at list you had your hearing.

I am still waiting but looks like it takes at list 3 years to get an appointment to the hearing.

Did you lodge a combined nomination and visa application?

I am just hoping that they might do a combined hearing to speed up the process a bit 🙂

One last thing did they refund the appeal fees?

Cheers

Yes i lodged a combined nomination as well, they will hold the hearing at the same time which it took about an hour for me. if they approve your case they will refund you half of each application.

the problem is even after AAT there is still a chance that Immigration can refuse the Visa for what ever reason, so i am still sitting on edge and waiting. the stress of waiting is actually worse when you get close to the end.

Good Luck with your application.Cheers

3 minutes ago, pjmagneto said:

Yes i lodged a combined nomination as well, they will hold the hearing at the same time which it took about an hour for me. if they approve your case they will refund you half of each application.

the problem is even after AAT there is still a chance that Immigration can refuse the Visa for what ever reason, so i am still sitting on edge and waiting. the stress of waiting is actually worse when you get close to the end.

Good Luck with your application.Cheers

Let's say they refuse it you can appeal again 🙂

1 hour ago, nathreddy123 said:

To day my employer nomination for 186 refused

nomination applied in July 2018

refusal  July 2019

i applied for my visa on 8th June 2019

now on bridging visa

now i have 35 days to leave 

what are my options 

you have 21 days to lodge an appeal at AAT speak with your agent

i am seeing immigration agent  on Monday - will appeal  first , and look for options, my plan is apply for independent skilled select visa[189]

or direct entry visa, or regional sponsored visa,  after appeal  can we still be in Australia until  decision made on appeal?

what was your feed back from AAT  or your agent , how successful it's  going to be 

Just now, nathreddy123 said:

i am seeing immigration agent  on Monday - will appeal  first , and look for options, my plan is apply for independent skilled select visa[189]

or direct entry visa, or regional sponsored visa,  after appeal  can we still be in Australia until  decision made on appeal?

what was your feed back from AAT  or your agent , how successful it's  going to be 

i am pretty sure that once you appeal you can only wait for the appeal can't lodge any other visa application onshore... so just evaluate your options sometimes re-lodging another application suppported by better documentaion/evidence can be quicker than waiting for AAT decision

On 12/07/2019 at 20:37, nathreddy123 said:

but i am on my bridging visa, can my wife apply for the visa

Your agent should be able to do this. i think first you will need to apply for a different Bridge visa (i think B) then you can leave the country for one day and then the agent can apply for the Visa as you are off shore.

but this method seems to be also troublesome, because your agent then will need to convince the immigration the reasons for applying for another visa while you are on Bridge visa.

On 18/06/2019 at 16:02, peyotemix said:

Hi guys,

I hope you are all well, I am starting this topic to see who else is in the same situation waiting for a decision from the AAT regarding nomination refusal for a 186 TRT application.

I applied for a 186 TRT as "Architectural Draftsperson" in July 2017, the nomination was refused on December 2017 for "Financial Viability" of the business.

We lodged a double appeal (nomination and visa) to the AAT and currently still waiting for the case to be assigned. 

Anyone waiting for the same reason?

Me also applied to  AAT since June 2018 and still waiting ,no reply yet.

Hi again

Finally my PR just arrived today, i have been waiting since October 2016 so i though i put my timeline here so other people know what to expect since i spend a lot of time to search and could not find anything.

As i mentioned i applied for the 186 nomination scheme on October 2016 and the nomination got refused on April 2017. i applied for the AAT in May 2017 and did not here from AAT until January 2019.

In January 2019 they asked the company for updated documents such as financial documents, meeting the training documents, etc...

My AAT hearing was held in March 2019 and they mostly asked question from my boss and few questions from myself. in this case because the nomination was refused they usually ask you to leave the room while they questioning the employer.

After the hearing they asked me to send them my Tax records and then in April 2019 we received the approval for Nomination

on the May 25th i received and email from immigration to go for medical exam again since the last one was expired and also send them an updated National Police check which i did on the 12 of June.

And My PR finally arrived on the 25th of July 2019 after three years since i started applying for PR.

Good luck with your application everyone.

• Congratulations 2

33 minutes ago, pjmagneto said:

Hi again

Finally my PR just arrived today, i have been waiting since October 2016 so i though i put my timeline here so other people know what to expect since i spend a lot of time to search and could not find anything.

As i mentioned i applied for the 186 nomination scheme on October 2016 and the nomination got refused on April 2017. i applied for the AAT in May 2017 and did not here from AAT until January 2019.

In January 2019 they asked the company for updated documents such as financial documents, meeting the training documents, etc...

My AAT hearing was held in March 2019 and they mostly asked question from my boss and few questions from myself. in this case because the nomination was refused they usually ask you to leave the room while they questioning the employer.

After the hearing they asked me to send them my Tax records and then in April 2019 we received the approval for Nomination

on the May 25th i received and email from immigration to go for medical exam again since the last one was expired and also send them an updated National Police check which i did on the 12 of June.

And My PR finally arrived on the 25th of July 2019 after three years since i started applying for PR.

Good luck with your application everyone.

Hi Pjmagneto

congratulations on your victory. Just confirming why your nomination was refused and it took almost two years for aat to open your file.

Thanks

Shilpa