Adelaide - where to live?

ajbritton

Guest Guest9973
On the other hand, you have recently moved closer into the city, as I hear it, so that you and your wife can get in and out of an evening without it costing you a fortune in cab fares or an overnight hotel... so you seem to be arguing one side, but doing the opposite! You don't have to live in Adelaide to be able to take advantage of what Adelaide city has to offer, but living somewhere so far out that after a concert or a show you have to pay for a hotel - when you could easily live somewhere very nice, and very affordable, within a half hour's drive or decent public transport links - just because property is cheaper, seems very-shortsighted to me. Anyone with teens or kids that will soon be teens should also consider whether a rural area can offer everything they need (social activity, part-time jobs when you perhaps don't have a driving licence etc).

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Yes we moved for the above reasons, you make it sound as if it were a "secret". We have "been there/done that/got the t-shirt. Our house was pretty tucked away as well as being south,that one of the major factors in our move - to have neighbours !

We had lived for 13 years happily further south. As many of my good friends and aquaintances do.:cute:

Speaking "generalisms" and labelling the south is unfair to say the least.:mad:

Southern suburbs are very family friendly,especially for those younger ones.

Great access to the beaches and a safe and quieter enviroment.

The term "Hicksville" was offensive to me and and many others that live down south.

Didn't I see that crime north of the city was higher????:skeptical:

I think people should be able to do their research and come to their own conclusions without this sort of labelling going on.

When do you see me bagging the north?? Only when someone startsd on the south.:ssign7::ssign7:

Plenty of emoticons to keep it "light"

Guest The Pom Queen
How old are you? The Victor Harbor area is renowned for it's high elderly population - I know because my parents live down there in a retirement village. It's too sleepy for me and too far away from Adelaide.

Please note this thread was started well over 5 years ago now.

Please note this thread was started well over 5 years ago now.

.....so.....

Where is the best place to live in Adelaide????

This is our current chosen location as we have never been to Oz but my Visa App....(social care/youth work) dictates this option.

From what we have read, the weather seems ok without burning a hole in you and the cultural side of things seems to have some vibrancy.

Have 2 kids aged 12 & 8 and my wife also works in social care (disabilities).

Soooooo confused right now! :eek:

Guest The Pom Queen
.....so.....

:eek:

Excuse me!!

"So" I will close this thread as most people will tell you suburbs can change a lot in 5 years. If you want an up to date comparison on suburbs then I suggest you start a new thread or join poms in Adelaide http://www.pomsinadelaide.com

Archived