register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

CEP

820 timelines / waiting room

Hi All

Thought I'd start a waiting room thread for those applying / applied for subclass 820.

If you've come through the PMV300 route that would be great to know too!!

PMV 300 lodged 27/05/2018 (London). Police clearance uploaded at time of lodgement.

medical uploaded 27/06/2018

Applied for 600 visa (6months) October 2018.  Arrived 31/10/2018

Request for further info (sponsor U.K. police check and birth certificate) 10/11/2018, uploaded 26/11/2018

Email received requesting departure from Australia as Visa is ready to Grant 27/02/2019 (Exactly 9 months)

Gotta love decision ready applications! 

Jasmine Sallis 

Registered Migration Agent

MARN:1800400

www.mywayvisa.com

Howdy!

My 820 was lodged 1st May 2019 so figure I've got a long wait ahead meantime! My bridging visa kicks in shortly as my PMV 300 runs out on 31st July. Just keep uploading evidence meantime...

300 applied 18.04.18 offshore (London), medical clearance 03.05.18,  UK & Aus police checks submitted 04.05.18

Scot now living in Adelaide with Scottish husband (who's been a PR since 2008)

PMV 🎫🐨 granted 30-10-18

820:801 lodged 01.05.19 

@Noodlejaffa great to see you on this side of the process lol! “Here we go again!”

I’m not ready to submit yet. We’re getting married next month so I’ve started to collate some evidence. 

PMV 300 lodged 27/05/2018 (London). Police clearance uploaded at time of lodgement.

medical uploaded 27/06/2018

Applied for 600 visa (6months) October 2018.  Arrived 31/10/2018

Request for further info (sponsor U.K. police check and birth certificate) 10/11/2018, uploaded 26/11/2018

Email received requesting departure from Australia as Visa is ready to Grant 27/02/2019 (Exactly 9 months)

Hi everyone, my Fiance applied for his visa February 2018. In July 2018 I was asked for police checks and April 2019 my fiance had his medical done.

Still no word of his police checks yet. 😞

we are hoping to have his visa granted this year so when February comes around he can apply for the PR.

Good luck to everyone

309 spouse visa lodged 29th June 2012, CO assigned 3rd July. No further info needed. WAITING........... Visa granted Jan 7th, Flights booked May 5th. woooopeee

Already got mine but thought I'd add my timeline for statistics purposes 🙂

Applied in February 2018 (on the back of a PMV)

Granted June 2018.  Now waiting for my 801 eligibility! 

Good luck to all!!

• Like 1

Applied for 820 last November 2018.  Waiting.  Understand from gov site, as at August 2019, 75 percent of applications approved by 22 months so guess it's a long wait.

I've heard that 820/801 applications from May 2018 are starting to come through now (August 2019).  If that's correct, the minimum processing time is now about 15 months.  Coupling this with the Department's information that 75% (resp. 90%) of applications are processed within 22 (resp. 28) months, a simple (and therefore quite possibly incorrect) statistical model suggests that (a) about 1/4 of applications will be processed soon after the 15 month minimum, and (b) if that doesn't happen, you'll have an average of about 6 or 7 months longer to wait after that - could be more, could be less.

But that's just a back of the envelope type calculation, I wouldn't take it too seriously.  In particular, if anybody is seeing processing times less than 15 months, that would reduce the predicted probability of being processed immediately after the minimum.  And if there are any processing times less than 13 months, then my model is definitely wrong!

I am going to apply for 820 in September, but I've already begun to prepare (ordered all police checks from every country I lived), I am not sure if they are required for 820 visa, but I just want to be on the safe side ;)

Concerning the timeline...My friend got her 820 visa granted in 1 (!!!!) month after she applied for it..  

Hi all

Be kind - I'm new! Sorry if this has been covered. 

Just wondering once you apply for the 820, how long after that are you granted the bridging visa so that you can work (whilst you wait!). We won't be able to survive if Im not working so just trying to work it all out. Looks like once this has been granted you have a hefty wait before you even get the 820!

Thanks in advance! 

Sam

2 hours ago, wonderingwoman789 said:

Hi all

Be kind - I'm new! Sorry if this has been covered. 

Just wondering once you apply for the 820, how long after that are you granted the bridging visa so that you can work (whilst you wait!). We won't be able to survive if Im not working so just trying to work it all out. Looks like once this has been granted you have a hefty wait before you even get the 820!

Thanks in advance! 

Sam

Better informed people can correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that:

1. The bridging visa is granted as soon as your application has been received and paid for, but

2. Your existing visa remains in force, and takes precedence over the bridging visa, until it (the existing visa) expires.  Only then is the bridging visa activated.

3. Work rights will be the same on the bridging visa as on your existing visa.

Hey There 

Quick question. I am currently on a 457 visa which expires July 2020 and I have an 820 application in progress. 

I know my bridging visa doesn't kick in until this one expires, but is there anyway it could kick in earlier if i quit my job and essentially my visa is canceled? Or will that result in a knock on rejection affect? 

Thanks!

Stream: Direct Entry

Date Applied: 8th September 2017

4 hours ago, POMMYGAL said:

Hey There 

Quick question. I am currently on a 457 visa which expires July 2020 and I have an 820 application in progress. 

I know my bridging visa doesn't kick in until this one expires, but is there anyway it could kick in earlier if i quit my job and essentially my visa is canceled? Or will that result in a knock on rejection affect? 

Thanks!

If you quit your job and the 457 is cancelled, your bridging visa will also be cancelled and you will eed to leave australia, or become unlawful.

11 hours ago, Nemesis said:

If you quit your job and the 457 is cancelled, your bridging visa will also be cancelled and you will eed to leave australia, or become unlawful.

if your BVA is cancelled because your UC 457 has been cancelled, you can apply for BVE to remain in Australia until your UK 820 is finally determined. 

If your substantive visa is cancelled any bridging visa will also be cancelled, however if you have previously applied for another substantive visa, you can apply for a BVE to remain in Australia until your visa application has been finally determined.