820 timelines / waiting room

CEP

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, my Fiance applied for his visa February 2018. In July 2018 I was asked for police checks and April 2019 my fiance had his medical done.

Still no word of his police checks yet. 😞

we are hoping to have his visa granted this year so when February comes around he can apply for the PR.

Good luck to everyone

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard that 820/801 applications from May 2018 are starting to come through now (August 2019).  If that's correct, the minimum processing time is now about 15 months.  Coupling this with the Department's information that 75% (resp. 90%) of applications are processed within 22 (resp. 28) months, a simple (and therefore quite possibly incorrect) statistical model suggests that (a) about 1/4 of applications will be processed soon after the 15 month minimum, and (b) if that doesn't happen, you'll have an average of about 6 or 7 months longer to wait after that - could be more, could be less.

But that's just a back of the envelope type calculation, I wouldn't take it too seriously.  In particular, if anybody is seeing processing times less than 15 months, that would reduce the predicted probability of being processed immediately after the minimum.  And if there are any processing times less than 13 months, then my model is definitely wrong!

I am going to apply for 820 in September, but I've already begun to prepare (ordered all police checks from every country I lived), I am not sure if they are required for 820 visa, but I just want to be on the safe side ;)

Concerning the timeline...My friend got her 820 visa granted in 1 (!!!!) month after she applied for it..  

Hi all

Be kind - I'm new! Sorry if this has been covered. 

Just wondering once you apply for the 820, how long after that are you granted the bridging visa so that you can work (whilst you wait!). We won't be able to survive if Im not working so just trying to work it all out. Looks like once this has been granted you have a hefty wait before you even get the 820!

Thanks in advance! 

Sam

2 hours ago, wonderingwoman789 said:

Hi all

Be kind - I'm new! Sorry if this has been covered. 

Just wondering once you apply for the 820, how long after that are you granted the bridging visa so that you can work (whilst you wait!). We won't be able to survive if Im not working so just trying to work it all out. Looks like once this has been granted you have a hefty wait before you even get the 820!

Thanks in advance! 

Sam

Better informed people can correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that:

1. The bridging visa is granted as soon as your application has been received and paid for, but

2. Your existing visa remains in force, and takes precedence over the bridging visa, until it (the existing visa) expires.  Only then is the bridging visa activated.

3. Work rights will be the same on the bridging visa as on your existing visa.

• Like 1

Hey There 

Quick question. I am currently on a 457 visa which expires July 2020 and I have an 820 application in progress. 

I know my bridging visa doesn't kick in until this one expires, but is there anyway it could kick in earlier if i quit my job and essentially my visa is canceled? Or will that result in a knock on rejection affect? 

Thanks!

4 hours ago, POMMYGAL said:

Hey There 

Quick question. I am currently on a 457 visa which expires July 2020 and I have an 820 application in progress. 

I know my bridging visa doesn't kick in until this one expires, but is there anyway it could kick in earlier if i quit my job and essentially my visa is canceled? Or will that result in a knock on rejection affect? 

Thanks!

If you quit your job and the 457 is cancelled, your bridging visa will also be cancelled and you will eed to leave australia, or become unlawful.

11 hours ago, Nemesis said:

If you quit your job and the 457 is cancelled, your bridging visa will also be cancelled and you will eed to leave australia, or become unlawful.

if your BVA is cancelled because your UC 457 has been cancelled, you can apply for BVE to remain in Australia until your UK 820 is finally determined. 

If your substantive visa is cancelled any bridging visa will also be cancelled, however if you have previously applied for another substantive visa, you can apply for a BVE to remain in Australia until your visa application has been finally determined.

• 4 weeks later...
On 15/08/2019 at 15:26, POMMYGAL said:

Hey There 

Thanks!

DO NOT QUIT AND CANCEL YOUR 457!!!!

Sorry to shout but that was the situiation I was in. I have had to stick it out at my employer - even though I wanted to leave. Fortunately my BVA will be kicking in when my 457 visa expires on the 19th september.

I thougt about doing the same thing as you but it is a very, bad idea! Your 457 is cancelled and then your bridging visa is also cancelled and you would have to leave. 

You'll just have to tough it out where you are

I was granted my 820 FOUR DAYS after applying. I entered Australia on the 16th July one month after getting my PMV300 and married another month after that on the 15th August. The day after that we applied and paid, immediately got a phone call to ask for our marriage certificate. One day and one quick upload later, it was granted. I am still recovering from the shock.

I am so confused, and I don't know why I'm being so stressed about this...but I don't have to apply for the 801 right? I just wait for them? Do I need to lodge on Immi? Or just wait for two years to be up? I'm still in shock at the ease and speed of my 820 grant so excuse the brain meltdown!

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just want to share my timeline. Applied for 820 on 21 Sep 19. Granted today, 07 Oct 2019. I haven't even uploaded my marriage certificate, I opened immi account in order to upload it and found Grant notification. Rediculous! I am shocked and happy at the asme tme!

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all! I’m back!!!

i lodged my 820/801 over the weekend and frantically getting the uploads together which is painful lol!

hoping for a quick turnaround as I’ll be on BVA in a few weeks time. 

For those with an 820 grant, what is the valid until date?

• 1 month later...

Hey all!

I got my 820 today.

submitted 22nd November 2019

straight to visa grant today 9th January 

Spookily, it’s 4 years today since me and my husband got together.

note I had a PMV 300 grant in March 2019- I believe the subsequent 820 is usually quicker in this situation.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Has anyone received 820 visa recently?

my wife got s56 request for further docs on 30th June and did medical check up on 29th October. Clicked on “I confirm I have provided information as requested” and the status now is still under further assessment

Has anyone received 820 visa recently?

my wife got s56 request for further docs on 30th June and did medical check up on 29th October. Clicked on “I confirm I have provided information as requested” and the status now is still under further assessment

I received mine recently. Got the visa about ten days after my medical was complete
Applied in July I think it was so all in about three months