Need help on Hervey Bay please

Helenmc

Hiya, I’m thinking about moving to Hervey Bay from the UK. I currently work as a manager of a young persons supported accommodation scheme. What are the job opportunities around that area for similar roles. Also what’s schooling like? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 

On 12/6/2019 at 17:53, Helenmc said:

Hiya, I’m thinking about moving to Hervey Bay from the UK. I currently work as a manager of a young persons supported accommodation scheme. What are the job opportunities around that area for similar roles. Also what’s schooling like? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 

Look up the population of Hervey Bay and the pop.  of Macclesfield and then look at the age demographic of the 2 places.

Hervey bay is the tenth largest population in QLD. 

Look up Children's Social Services in Queensland,, I believe it is a part of the State provision and those jobs are safeguarded by locals like gold

Hasn't the Government decided to send new Immigrants to places were they are needed?They can't decide where they want to live? Just been reading about the Family that Immigrated 10 years ago from the UK. ,Started up a car mechanical workshop  in Ipswich  Qld. . And have been deported because they were  found to be not not living, in the Post Code they were given by the Government.

54 minutes ago, Zack said:

Hasn't the Government decided to send new Immigrants to places were they are needed?They can't decide where they want to live? Just been reading about the Family that Immigrated 10 years ago from the UK. ,Started up a car mechanical workshop  in Ipswich  Qld. . And have been deported because they were  found to be not not living, in the Post Code they were given by the Government.

Well how silly are they, the postcode list is pretty clear, so if they want to break the rules of their visa grant,they should expect the punishment given, no sympathy from me. According to media articles, when the problem was pointed out to them ,they still didn't move to a listed postcode area which is a bit weird if you really wanted to stay and didnt understand the rules. If it was a  genuine mistake (though im not sure how) i would have recruited an agent to help before wasting thousands of dollars.. But heh ,this is nothing to do with Hervey bay so lets get back on track.

From one of the articles i read -

'' The family arrived in Australia in 2011 and moved to Redbank Plains, about 35 kilometres southwest of Brisbane.

However, the area was not covered by their regional sponsored visa that required them to 'reside in a designated regional or low population growth area'.

In 2013 they applied for residency and were refused because they lived outside the list of postcodes approved by the visa program.

A few months later they moved to Rosewood, just outside Ipswich, and the next year to Springfield Lakes - inside one of the required postcodes.

They sold their property in Britain and bought car repair shop Auto Motive Magic, but were still denied - even when Ms Wilson-Stone was diagnosed with breast cancer and asked for a medical visa.

The family spent $30,000 on rejected visa applications and burned through their life savings - left with no money and no time on their tourist visa.

Hi - Hervey Bay local here! (16 years and counting). There are NO supported living accommodations in Hervey Bay for children that I know of, although there is a 'special' education facility here in Hervey Bay that caters for children with special needs. The main employer here in HB is the health sector. We have a large elderly population and the health facilities keep growing to meet that demand so maybe a change in career? Centrecare would be the ones to write to in regards to supported accommodation (there are adult facilities).

PO Box 1840 

Hervey Bay

QLD 4655

2 hours ago, Helenmc said:

Thankyou so much, I’m been searching all the job sites as I’m going to need a work sponsor to come across.

I thought you were looking at the 489 visa?  That is a state sponsored visa and I don't think Queensland requires you to have a job lined up?

If you are looking for a work sponsor, then that's a different visa and it's only a temporary one for two to four years, then you go home.  Then there's a possibility that you may be able to apply for a permanent visa but it's far from guaranteed and it's a very stressful process.  It used to be a common way of getting PR but the government is making it harder and harder to do so every year.

If you're thinking that you'll find an employer who's willing to pay for your relocation, then apply for the 489, I wouldn't get your hopes up.  It can be a long processing time to get the 489.  How many employers will be willing to offer you a job then keep that job open for months and months with no idea when you're likely to turn up?

Edited by Marisawright