You parents details when applying for Citizenship

PW1

Hello,

I have just started my application for citizenship and I am not sure about the bit where you enter your parents citizenship details. The question is...

Has this parent ever held citizenship of any country? Include all current and all previous citizenships held

So my parents are standard British born and raised with British passports, so do I need to fill this part out? The pop up box asks for when and where the citizenship was acquired, how am I supposed to answer that? They wont know as their parents would have done it.

Thank you for any help.

P.

One more question, in the part where it says...

Give details of all countries that the applicant has lived in or travelled to since turning the age of 18, include:

Since 18? I'm in my mid-40s, how did everyone else deal with this part, please?

Thank you.

Regards, Paul.

One more question, in the part where it says...
Give details of all countries that the applicant has lived in or travelled to since turning the age of 18, include:
Since 18? I'm in my mid-40s, how did everyone else deal with this part, please?
Thank you.
Regards, Paul.

I listed them all, well all those I could recall. I used old passports, photos, social media to help me pull the dates together.
I since discovered you can also get information from immigration in U.K. and Australia if you give them a date range. U.K. will try and give just 5 years initially but you can request them to extend based on the nature of your requirement.
  • Like 1

i've just done this - and rang immigration to confirm

The guy on the phone said - as much as you can remember but implied that it was just to get an idea of the type of travel, so 3 months in syria may raise a flag but 2 weeks in the canaries wouldnt.

Hey @PW1

I'm at this section of the app right now - could you tell me what you did about the parents passport question? - 

Does this parent have the details of the last passport used to enter or depart Australia?

My parents have never been to Australia - do i leave this as No/blank?

Well I guess if they have never been then yeah, I'd leave it blank. If it lets you leave it blank then I'd say that was correct. Mind actually have been here, so that bit was easy. It amazing how often you have to enter the same into multiple times. For my holidays since I was 18, I filled all that out when I applied for PR, so they already have that, but you have to go though the pain of entering it all again. I'm just going to do the last 10 years for that.

Regards,

P.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, PW1 said:

Well I guess if they have never been then yeah, I'd leave it blank. If it lets you leave it blank then I'd say that was correct. Mind actually have been here, so that bit was easy. It amazing how often you have to enter the same into multiple times. For my holidays since I was 18, I filled all that out when I applied for PR, so they already have that, but you have to go though the pain of entering it all again. I'm just going to do the last 10 years for that.

Regards,

P.

Cheers. I found a couple of other posts about this online and have selected 'No' for my parents. It's just strangely worded!