register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

tonyman

Woman's World Cup Football

11 hours ago, newjez said:

Why does that matter? You really think you are in with a chance?

No.

23 hours ago, simmo said:

I think more glamour would make it more popular.  Really tight hot pants and body paint tops might make it more interesting.

Didn't they try that with American Football. I think a couple of teams did an Australian tour and it was very popular and well attended.

Posted (edited)

I've never been a fan of false eyelashes, but if they didn't take time over their appearance then I guess there would be criticism of that.

Plus young blokes these days take as long as the girls. I see blokes at work fussing in the mirror with their hair. It's just hair ffs.

Edited by newjez

1 minute ago, newjez said:

I've never been a fan of false eyelashes, but if they didn't take time over their appearance then I guess they would be criticism of that.

Plus young blokes these days take as long as the girls. I see blokes at work fussing in the mirror with their hair. It's just hair ffs.

If you had a full head of lush thick hair like me you would understand.

• Like 1

the quality is quite poor to be honest.....a million miles from the mens game in every way.....speed....skill levels.....aggression.....play acting.....the list goes on.....I found it quite amusing to read the ex USA keeper was demanding equal pay for the womens game.....its just crazy really with the UK pros playing in empty stadiums week in week out......how on earth are they going to finance equal pay......all power to them......play the game because you enjoy it.....if its good to watch then people will watch it.....if its not then it will never really take off like the mens game......the truth is its all about this push for equality......there are people making decisions on things because they feel they have too.....more worried about how they will be portrayed on Twitter by the loud minority than whether its really in the interest of the general public.......most women I know could not give a toss about the mens world cup or this womens world cup.....most men I Know take a huge interest in the mens world cup but could not give a toss about this womens world cup......the upside is.....if England reach the final and lose you wont find anyone jumping on a Police cars roof or kicking the sh#t out of each other down dark alleys......that just about sums it up..... 

• Like 3

Every football match is totally different, nothing repetitive, different levels of skills, many fantastic players, some not so good hence why we have so many levels and leagues......
Nothing is more repetitive than constantly throwing a ball at three sticks....!

In your opinion

I can't really get into watching most sport.  Tennis finals yes, a bit of rugby yes especially when Scotland is playing ( usually lose ) the occasional game of league when Manly (Sea Eagles) are playing and I have always enjoyed watching Liverpool (soccer) and that's about it.  I simply cannot get excited about cricket. 

Oh well

5 hours ago, kungfustu said:

the quality is quite poor to be honest.....a million miles from the mens game in every way.....speed....skill levels.....aggression.....play acting.....the list goes on.....I found it quite amusing to read the ex USA keeper was demanding equal pay for the womens game.....its just crazy really with the UK pros playing in empty stadiums week in week out......how on earth are they going to finance equal pay......all power to them......play the game because you enjoy it.....if its good to watch then people will watch it.....if its not then it will never really take off like the mens game......the truth is its all about this push for equality......there are people making decisions on things because they feel they have too.....more worried about how they will be portrayed on Twitter by the loud minority than whether its really in the interest of the general public.......most women I know could not give a toss about the mens world cup or this womens world cup.....most men I Know take a huge interest in the mens world cup but could not give a toss about this womens world cup......the upside is.....if England reach the final and lose you wont find anyone jumping on a Police cars roof or kicking the sh#t out of each other down dark alleys......that just about sums it up..... 

Mixed sport. There, that was easy.

No.... That's a fact.......

In your opinion

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

No.... That's a fact.......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ssiri said:

emoji42.pngemoji42.pngemoji42.pngemoji42.pngemoji42.pngemoji42.pngemoji42.png

Yes that's exactly what you look like watching cricket or rugby 

• Like 1

Yes that's exactly what you look like watching cricket or rugby 

How would you know?

Got to admit that the quality of footy is actually quite good now.... Think it was just Australia and Italy that were atrocious.....

• Like 1

"There were a lot of critics talking about us but we're back - so suck on that one."

Classy Aussie chick!!

39 minutes ago, Sandgroper said:

"There were a lot of critics talking about us but we're back - so suck on that one."

Classy Aussie chick!!

She sounds like a bit of a loud mouth.

1 hour ago, Toots said:

She sounds like a bit of a loud mouth.

She needs to engage brain before speaking I think...........................................................bit like a couple on here 😁

• Haha 2

We love Aussie larrikins.

Nothing worse than the nothing answers most people give.

who wants to hear the usual just taking it one game at a time crap.

Good on her.

• Like 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

16 hours ago, tonyman said:

Got to admit that the quality of footy is actually quite good now.... Think it was just Australia and Italy that were atrocious.....

Its not mate......its just very difficult to compare it.......I thought the Oz girls did well to come back from 2-0 down......but to be fair.....what was the Brazillian keeper doing on the winning goal.....that was a floated ball into the box with a little flick on......keeper should have had that covered.....no wonder the Brazil number 10 was upset.

As a comparison for you......about a year ago the USA womens team (world champions) played an U15 boys academy team in the states......I think it was Dallas.....they lost.....that tells you at what level they are playing.....they lost to 14 and 15 year olds......a 2nd rate professional football teams academy side.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, kungfustu said:

Its not mate......its just very difficult to compare it.......I thought the Oz girls did well to come back from 2-0 down......but to be fair.....what was the Brazillian keeper doing on the winning goal.....that was a floated ball into the box with a little flick on......keeper should have had that covered.....no wonder the Brazil number 10 was upset.

As a comparison for you......about a year ago the USA womens team (world champions) played an U15 boys academy team in the states......I think it was Dallas.....they lost.....that tells you at what level they are playing.....they lost to 14 and 15 year olds......a 2nd rate professional football teams academy side.

All women are hopeless at sport then? Is that it?

Plus some of them obviously had the wrong boots on,falling all over the place....
I know it's pretty poor but at least it's getting better to watch.....

4 minutes ago, tonyman said:

Plus some of them obviously had the wrong boots on,falling all over the place....
I know it's pretty poor but at least it's getting better to watch.....

Do they still take their tops off and run around in their bra when they score a goal.

That was always the best bit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I cover my eyes when they start doing that

Do they still take their tops off and run around in their bra when they score a goal.
That was always the best bit.

There was/is some talk about trying to make the women’s game better......there were discussions about making the goals a bit smaller and also the pitches a bit smaller to help speed it up......make it more competitive and give the keepers a bit more assistance as the goals are huge and most male keepers are well over 6ft and much more athletic.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Parley said:

All women are hopeless at sport then? Is that it?

Not at all......they are brilliant at netball......dancing......gymnastics......synchronised swimming.......Diving......Equestrian.......horses for courses😉

the gap is never more evident than has been shown in track and field recently with Castor Semenya......and in the late 70’s and early 80’s with Kratochvílová......it’s amazing what a bit of testosterone can do to someone’s ability to perform in a lot of sports.

• Like 2

Matildas smashed them m 4-1

Sam Kerr is clearly the best in the world.

• Like 1