Skills assessment only 3 dates per year and a skilled interview ?

Hey, 

I am now at the stage of doing my VETASSES assessment. However when I look on the dates there is 3 per year in blackburn for a general electrician test. 

Has anybody done this elsewhere or do they have to go through VETASSESS? 

Also has anybody had any experience in the skilled interview thats just come into force?? 

Hiya James

I did my interview about 3 months ago for metal fabricator.

I thought that I would go to Blackburn for it but ended up in Manchester doing it.

Have you got to do a practical or can you choose between practical and interview?

Hi Lavers, 

How was the interview ? Did they go into technical detail or was it pretty straight forward ?

Did you do it through the VETASSESS website ? 

For "General Electrician" we have to do a practical, theory and from March 19 I think it was we now have to do a technical interview too ! 

If you've been doing the job a while then theres nothing to worry about. I just looked at what's in the units for my trade then had a little recap over things I hadn't done for a while.

1 or 2 things I wasnt sure on but the instructor just pointed on screen to help me.

I did it through vetassess on behalf off tra. I submitted all my docs and quals for stage 1 and that took around 3months to have passed off, then I waited for an interview date for a month then I got my date for the interview a month after that, so all in all it took around 5 months from first starting it.

The interview is really nothing to worry about, they just want to make sure that you do do what you say you do