RRV

BABULAL

Hi there,

I have my PR valid until next January 2020 and by the time I won't be completing the required 2 years living period in Australia to get my 5-year RRV.

Having said that, can I apply for the RRV now in June and while it is under processing with the immigration can I travel in and out of Australia as I have my PR until next year January.

The reason is I want a seamless visa with me to travel always as there may be an emergency requirement for me to travel out.

If I apply in January and if the immigration is going to take 3-4 months to respond back, I may not be able to travel in and out of Oz, if any emergency be, during that period.

Can someone enlighten, please?

Thanks Guys

52 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

You can but it will only be valid for a year from grant. Check on the current processing times and go from there. 

You mean to say that without knowing the outcome of the RRV ( which will be still with Immigration), I can still travel in and out as I have valid PR until next Jan.