Best State High school Sunshine Coast

TheFrench

Hi

We are a French family already living North Sydney. We are considering moving to the Sunshine Coast with our 3 kids (15,12,9).

We are looking to move to a very good neighbourhood to have the best public school possible. What are the highest social neighbourhood cities and the best state high schools please?

Thanks

On 9 June 2019 at 07:24, TheFrench said:

Hi

We are a French family already living North Sydney. We are considering moving to the Sunshine Coast with our 3 kids (15,12,9).

We are looking to move to a very good neighbourhood to have the best public school possible. What are the highest social neighbourhood cities and the best state high schools please?

Thanks

This is really difficult for others to answer. Each kid is an individual and therefore each school is a unique fit. The only way you'll know is by carrying out a reccie to find out for yourself. It is possible for the 'best school' to be a bad fit for your child. Schools aren't something you can ask other people about unless their kids are exactly the same as yours. Could you not go on holiday to the area you're interested in and have a good look around for yourself? 

I agree you can shortlist from performance stats and reports BUT you need to visit to get a real feel and speak to staff about your child. 

Same with housing and suburbs. Just because somewhere is highly regarded doesn’t mean it will suit you. 

For example  

Many of the top suburbs in SA (where we live) are lovely tree lined streets with big lots and a good mix of housing but no shops/restaurants  or community centre to them. Also in many of those suburbs people send their kids to top private schools and can be quite competitive about it...........

Thankfully our kids are adults so we chose where we wanted to live based on what we like.  Everyone is different though.

It is very subjective. 

That is why it is advisable to stay in temporary accommodation for a few weeks to get to know an area. 

Edited by rammygirl
  • Like 1

https://www.myschool.edu.au/ is a good starting point. You should check out the schools in person as advised above, and the social media pages for schools are also worth a look for down-to-earth opinion.

One of my friends sent her girls to Chatswood High School about 5 years ago and couldn't rate it highly enough, so there's a personal recommendation.

Hope you find a good school.

24 minutes ago, Wanderer Returns said:

https://www.myschool.edu.au/ is a good starting point. You should check out the schools in person as advised above, and the social media pages for schools are also worth a look for down-to-earth opinion.

One of my friends sent her girls to Chatswood High School about 5 years ago and couldn't rate it highly enough, so there's a personal recommendation.

Hope you find a good school.

the OP is moving away from Sydney to the Sunshine Coast, so wants to know about schools on the Sunshine Coast not Sydney.

• Like 1

On 09/06/2019 at 07:24, TheFrench said:

Hi

Thanks

I don’t have school age children so this is only feed back. Mountain Creek high has a good reputation and also offers the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program. The local area is fine, close to Buderim and Mooloolaba.

• Thanks 1

Hi
Thanks
Oh you are French? I am Filipino I can understand some basic French since I was educated in the Collegia of Assumption ran by the French Nuns of the Assumption Congregation when in elementary school and seeing that some Filipino vocabulary is Spanish and French and Spanish have similar Romance roots I can understand some French words.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:3D_Image_of_Tagalog_component_Languages.png

My first name is French too, Rene from Rene Descartes the French Philosopher.

And La Francia and Las Islas Filipīnas both being Catholique there is easy religious conversations between us.