186 visa granted- Sabbatical question

Please advise

My PR came through in April. I have a wedding next year and want to go back to UK for 5/6 weeks in May 2020.I know work will not approve so if they say no may have to potentially resign. I am on 2 months notice! Please advise what could be repercussions of visa I am scared!

Please help 

This was discussed on another thread a few weeks ago, apparently the sponsoring company could claim you obtained the visa by fraud which could therefore give immigration grounds to cancel it. Not sure if this has ever actually happened though, and you will have worked for them for 10 months I presume by the time you give your notice to resign (if this is what you mean by 2 months notice?)

You have to remember that your employer has paid fees for your visa and also done a lot of administrative work so you could get your visa. 

In return for that, they expected you to keep your promise to work for them as required by that visa.  If you do not keep that commitment, they may get angry and report you to immigration.

Only you can judge whether your employer will be angry enough to report you.

13 hours ago, yasmin said:

Please advise

My PR came through in April. I have a wedding next year and want to go back to UK for 5/6 weeks in May 2020.I know work will not approve so if they say no may have to potentially resign. I am on 2 months notice! Please advise what could be repercussions of visa I am scared!

Please help 

Is the wedding really that important to risk losing your visa?

Edited by DukeNinja